• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Forum Upgrades + Theme Changes

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, I'm sure by now you notice that something looks different.

I installed a new forum theme to match the theme of the upcoming website (being launched tomorrow). I think it is much cleaner than the last one, it'll definitely take some getting used to.

As far as the logo at the top goes, we will be getting a new one. For now this one will do, but it is hard to see. Someone is designing one for us already, no need to submit any.

Additionally, I have updated our Forum Software to XenForo 1.4.3. Most of the changes included wont have any effect on any of you guys, but it's worth it. The update includes a few aesthetic changes, some new posting options, and increased security.

Here are some things you can do on the forum now:
  • You can see if someone is online from a thread (The tip of their Avatar is green)
  • You can now select text in a post to quote, instead of having to hit reply and reply to the whole post.
  • You can now use the spoiler BBCode, those familiar with forums will know what this means, but you can see an example below.
  • I was able to disable polls being created in Suggestions, because this was my #1 Pet Peeve.
  • Some of the items in the edit bar have been rearranged.
  • There's more, I just don't know it off the top of my head.

Here is what a spoiler tag does, it essentially lets you hide stuff (spoilers) from your post, so users have to click to open it. This is great for keeping your threads short, but allowing someone to expand for more information. Example below:

This is the text of the spoiler, you can make it say whatever you want. i.e: ProjectKorra (Core) v1.5.0 is being released on December 1st, 2014 (Tentative)

Everything is so slick and clean!
Even though it doesn't show, everyone appreciates all the hard work that you do for the plugin <3 Keep up the work along with all the Developers. :D

Gamzee

God Tier Member
There is a bug with the new theme. Since links to threads are black and so is the background of a menber's profile when you click on it; you can not see the link. I am viewing on mobile btw.

Last edited: