• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fog

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Move Name: Fog
Element: Water
Use: Hold shift for some seconds, release for a burst of white explosion particles that do blindness for a certain amount of time, this blindness effects you also. The burst is like a shockwave, but different in that it actually goes up diagonally, but only 2 blocks off the ground.
Inspiration: Pause at 2:18 and you will see great particles for fog, if only we could get those to not do any damage this would be perfect.

owlcool

Verified Member
To reduce lag from the tnt, we could do a few things. You could first, only use one tnt per certain amoimt of area, and then you could have it not destroy terrain, and finnally only let the tnt go within a few blocks radius, with a large warmup and cooldown. You could also mix in some air particles if the tnt does not fill in everything.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
The idea would definitely cause some form of lag. Whether that is fps or tps, it will happen. I do not like the idea as the trade off isn't worth it. Large amounts of lag, for a little bit of fog to appear.

owlcool

Verified Member
The idea would definitely cause some form of lag. Whether that is fps or tps, it will happen. I do not like the idea as the trade off isn't worth it. Large amounts of lag, for a little bit of fog to appear.
kk mouschi, I give up. Airburst causes no lag apparently.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
kk mouschi, I give up. Airburst causes no lag apparently.
Never said anything about no other move causing no lag. If you must know, I was waiting for a few more servers to have the same results to the test I am doing before submitting a bug report on airburst.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well i believe it is a good idea, and you should go with it regardless if it causes lag or not, Most moves cause lag anyway
It is not like someone is going to spam a laggy, only blinding move that also blinds themselves, and when it has a big cooldown/warmup(both), it might not cause as much lag as most people would think. At least the better way to make a server lag would be to actually use real tnt, as it destroys terrain, can take up less space, and creates more lag.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Why would they use actual tnt? The particles have nothing to do with it. o_O I bet if they used Ender Dragons it would be even worse.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Shouldn't this move work only on water? You didn't mention having a near by source or converting water into fog?

Edit: oh its fog ,not gas. Now it makes sense -_-

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I don't think we'd want to use TNT particles, because in the PK texture pack these explosion particles are very red and firey.. You'd want to use the smoke particles from airbending or something similar that is always white/gray.

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't think we'd want to use TNT particles, because in the PK texture pack these explosion particles are very red and firey.. You'd want to use the smoke particles from airbending or something similar that is always white/gray.
Kk, I have not seen the texture pack, so whatever's.

owlcool

Verified Member
Shouldn't this move work only on water? You didn't mention having a near by source or converting water into fog?

Edit: oh its fog ,not gas. Now it makes sense -_-
Shouldn't work in deserts and mesa's now that you mention limitations to it, but in mostly moist biomes it should be ok.

NotchItUp

Verified Member
How about you just use particles the same way air uses it, and not tnt, or do I not know how this plugin works?

owlcool

Verified Member
How about you just use particles the same way air uses it, and not tnt, or do I not know how this plugin works?
I was hoping it would look different then air bending, so that people who have not seen the show won't think that Waterbenders can airbend, whatever's.

Status
Not open for further replies.