• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Flaming EarthSmash

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This is just a random thought that came into my head when considering some suggestions in other areas.

So, you may remember Melon Lord or the several times that Fire Nation shot flaming boulders at Team Avatar. Well my idea is for benders to be able to recreate these boulders using Earth Smash.
Fire_Navy_attacks.png Toph_as_Melon_Lord.png

So how it would work would take a few steps.
  • Earthbender creates the boulder from Earth Smash
  • Waterbender splashes it with some sort of water move (To represent oil? This step could be optional)
  • Earthbender drags the Earth Smash over some sort of flame OR a firebender strike the boulder with fireblast.
  • And block whose TOP face is facing air, will turn to Netherrack (So the flames stay lit)
  • You can then shoot the smash at someone doing damage, knockback and igniting them.
So... Pretty complicated xD But it could be described in a more simple way I suppose.
  • Earthbender creates EarthSmash
  • Earth Smash gets touch in SOME way by a flame
  • Earth Smash gets lit on fire
  • Shoot Earth Smash
Now in the show they always had an oil substance ON the boulder to keep the flames lit.... I'm not sure how we'd recreate that in Minecraft other than using water... The only source I have for water being able to ignite flames is Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries... That's magic so I doubt it's relevant but surely there's some reason she was able to use Water to keep the fire lit.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oil doesn't exist in minecraft, and splashing water would do the opposite - wet boulders would be fire-proofed xD I don't mind the idea of this concept, but just gonna let you know it was already suggested.

P.S. utilizing netherrack as an earthsmash sounds a good alternative for oil, considering that this is the only block that keeps the fire burning forever on it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is just a random thought that came into my head when considering some suggestions in other areas.

So, you may remember Melon Lord or the several times that Fire Nation shot flaming boulders at Team Avatar. Well my idea is for benders to be able to recreate these boulders using Earth Smash.
View attachment 2692 View attachment 2693

So how it would work would take a few steps.
  • Earthbender creates the boulder from Earth Smash
  • Waterbender splashes it with some sort of water move (To represent oil? This step could be optional)
  • Earthbender drags the Earth Smash over some sort of flame OR a firebender strike the boulder with fireblast.
  • And block whose TOP face is facing air, will turn to Netherrack (So the flames stay lit)
  • You can then shoot the smash at someone doing damage, knockback and igniting them.
So... Pretty complicated xD But it could be described in a more simple way I suppose.
  • Earthbender creates EarthSmash
  • Earth Smash gets touch in SOME way by a flame
  • Earth Smash gets lit on fire
  • Shoot Earth Smash
Now in the show they always had an oil substance ON the boulder to keep the flames lit.... I'm not sure how we'd recreate that in Minecraft other than using water... The only source I have for water being able to ignite flames is Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries... That's magic so I doubt it's relevant but surely there's some reason she was able to use Water to keep the fire lit.
This was already suggested :/