• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion FireJab

Madocean

So first off I want to start by saying that very little of this was conceptualized by myself. Credit goes to WhiteXShadow for creating this idea. Also I know there's a million versions of "firejab" but I assure you this one makes the most sense as what can be called an actual Fire, Jab.

FireJab
This move would be an offensive fire ability, allowing a firebender to shoot two puffs of fire consecutively

Main Function:
Left-Clicking with FireJab would create a short-ranged “puff” of fire, which Avatar Roku showed in Legend of Korra’s opening sequence.
You can left click up to two times in succession with FireJab, both creating “puffs” of fire. The first strike would be a sliver initially, the same shape created by a blow torch (or if you look closely the shape every fire move is initiated in) but if held down it would transition Into said puff. The second strike would just blow another puff in place of it, slightly larger and optionally dealing knockback. Each such puff dealing reasonable damage (completely configurable obviously)
Charged Function:
second feature for FireJab is long-ranged. Holding sneak for 1 second would launch a decently sized Fire “Blob” at an opponent that is guidable. Ironically, an Add-on named FireJab by Sorin was created, and the amount of the ability to guide it that Sorin’s FireJab has is a preferable amount that I’d give this FireJab. Note, that if you do not tap sneak for a full second, the range would be reduced by about 5 blocks, and the minimal time for holding sneak is .5 seconds. (You could configure directability and trail and such)

Right now, fire is strongest in long ranged combat, in the show, fire was shown to be most powerful at short range. A great example of that being Aang vs Ozai: Aang ran and attacked from afar while Ozai tried to get close and use his moves at full power. I think this move would be a great addition to the firebending roster and a step towards fixing fire's currently long ranged meta.

So first off I want to start by saying that very little of this was conceptualized by myself. Credit goes to WhiteXShadow for creating this idea. Also I know there's a million versions of "firejab" but I assure you this one makes the most sense as what can be called an actual Fire, Jab.

FireJab
This move would be an offensive fire ability, allowing a firebender to shoot two puffs of fire consecutively

Main Function:
Left-Clicking with FireJab would create a short-ranged “puff” of fire, which Avatar Roku showed in Legend of Korra’s opening sequence.
You can left click up to two times in succession with FireJab, both creating “puffs” of fire. The first strike would be a sliver initially, the same shape created by a blow torch (or if you look closely the shape every fire move is initiated in) but if held down it would transition Into said puff. The second strike would just blow another puff in place of it, slightly larger and optionally dealing knockback. Each such puff dealing reasonable damage (completely configurable obviously)
Charged Function:
second feature for FireJab is long-ranged. Holding sneak for 1 second would launch a decently sized Fire “Blob” at an opponent that is guidable. Ironically, an Add-on named FireJab by Sorin was created, and the amount of the ability to guide it that Sorin’s FireJab has is a preferable amount that I’d give this FireJab. Note, that if you do not tap sneak for a full second, the range would be reduced by about 5 blocks, and the minimal time for holding sneak is .5 seconds. (You could configure directability and trail and such)

Right now, fire is strongest in long ranged combat, in the show, fire was shown to be most powerful at short range. A great example of that being Aang vs Ozai: Aang ran and attacked from afar while Ozai tried to get close and use his moves at full power. I think this move would be a great addition to the firebending roster and a step towards fixing fire's currently long ranged meta.
Some of these sentences were made so long ago it seems like they were made by a different person.

I think concept designers have already planned this to tweak Fireblast to have some similar aspect of FireJab. I may be wrong though. That's just rumours/mandela effect.

Madocean

Can you include any gifs for examples of the concept?
I have a couple in my doc but for some reason they wont upload... I can cite them perfectly anyways. The long ranged version is based on Mako trying to blast Amon in the water after he escapes out the window and is exposed as a waterbender to the people of Republic City. The base move is based on Rokus opening sequence display of two fire puffs in tlok :p

Madocean

Last edited:
You should copy the actual direct url of the gif (right click it) and paste it in between [\img] [/img] code (\ - shouldn't be typed)

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt