• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into FireBurst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Can't find a full clip of the scene, but with avatarstate (...or not: up to debate!), maybe fireburst could be somehow charged-up completely without the wait-time, but as advantage for other firebenders: when manipulating other fireblasts that are approaching the user?

Here's how I think it should work:
a)through avatar (-- I do think it way be alot better, as it would be situational and therefor not cramp waterbending style) + with either of things listed below:
b)Tap sneak with FireShield, which would cause the fireblasts projectile to shape in a hollow dome around you, then whilst holding switch to FireBurst and stop crouching (or not: debtable) to release the cacoon in a fireburst attack.
c)Like #b, but you skip the part to use FireShield and instead you start it with Fireburst.

Avatar Roku had done this as a spirit to aid Aang in defeating firebender soldiers.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
Can't find a full clip of the scene, but with avatarstate (...or not: up to debate!), maybe fireburst could be somehow charged-up completely without the wait-time, but as advantage for other firebenders: when manipulating other fireblasts that are approaching the user?

Here's how I think it should work:
a)through avatar (-- I do think it way be alot better, as it would be situational and cramp waterbending style) + with either of things listed below:
b)Tap sneak with FireShield, which would cause the fireblasts projectile to shape in a hollow dome around you, then whilst holding switch to FireBurst and stop crouching (or not: debtable) to release the cacoon in a fireburst attack.
c)Like #b, but you skip the part to use FireShield and instead you start it with Fireburst.

Avatar Roku had done this as a spirit to aid Aang in defeating firebender soldiers.
I literally have no idea what you're suggesting. Please explain properly, in detail.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Summary: charge-up fireburst in a instant by manipulating others firemanipulation with Avatar mode on.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Summary: charge-up fireburst in a instant by manipulating others firemanipulation with Avatar mode on.

This really sounds like a waterbender point of view, we don't really see firebenders redirecting anything except for lightning. We usually see a power struggle between them during a fight to overpower the enemy.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well, if you don't want to have firebenders occasionally redirect, then you're luck. They must have avatarstate toggled on to exceed this concept. Besides, it is canon.

Loony

Verified Member
This really sounds like a waterbender point of view, we don't really see firebenders redirecting anything except for lightning. We usually see a power struggle between them during a fight to overpower the enemy.
That's completely wrong. Fire was extremely redirectable.

The main concept, to redirect fire, is good. However, how you've described to implement it isn't very clear or efficient.

Loony

Verified Member
Overall, I'll place this looking into for the concept of manipulating and redirecting fire. But if we were to implement this, it would work exactly how you described.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's completely wrong. Fire was extremely redirectable.

The main concept, to redirect fire, is good. However, how you've described to implement it isn't very clear or efficient.
Where in within the concepts of the show do we see fire using redirection other than lightning. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.