• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire moves through water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_28

Verified Member
With using fire bending, it seems almost all of the moves can't go underwater, meaning most people can just jump in a nearby pond and fire benders can't do much about it.

This is a suggestion for two fire moves (sorry if this should be in two separate threads) that are able to go underwater. They are not in any episodes of The Legend of Korra or The last Airbender as far as I know.

One move, would be fire bubble, or fire sphere. When used with shifting while the slot is selected, or perhaps left clicking to toggle it on (but it will run out after a few seconds) a small bubble, or sphere of fire (particles) will surround the player. This sphere would be very small, around 4 blocks in diameter, it could act as a weak sheild. The main use for the fire bubble/sphere would be to move underwater, the small sphere (much smaller than air bubble) would evaporate any water blocks it comes into contact with (similar to what water/air bubble looks like, but with particles and a much smaller area).
It will also not be able to be created underwater, as fire needs air to start, but it could be created above water, then moved into water (keeping the air in a bubble with it).
Anyone that who walks into or is hit by the bubble will take fire damage and/or be set on fire (unless they are using heat control). It could also melt ice around the player using it.

The other move, would be similar to Fire Blast, or could be a addition to Fire Blast. When holding down shift with the slot selected, it will charge the move (like Fire Burst and other moves). Once ready it can be released and will shoot similar to Fire Blast, however when it comes in contact with water, it will evaporate it (similar to Fire Bubble/Sphere), creating a temporary gap in water in the shape of a line (the path of the fire, unlike moves like water/air bubble which create spheres). It will also give fire damage to anything hit by it. Similar to Fire Bubble/Sphere, it can not be created under water, but has to be created in air and then into water.

Hero

Verified Member
With using fire bending, it seems almost all of the moves can't go underwater, meaning most people can just jump in a nearby pond and fire benders can't do much about it.

This is a suggestion for two fire moves (sorry if this should be in two separate threads) that are able to go underwater. They are not in any episodes of The Legend of Korra or The last Airbender as far as I know.

One move, would be fire bubble, or fire sphere. When used with shifting while the slot is selected, or perhaps left clicking to toggle it on (but it will run out after a few seconds) a small bubble, or sphere of fire (particles) will surround the player. This sphere would be very small, around 4 blocks in diameter, it could act as a weak sheild. The main use for the fire bubble/sphere would be to move underwater, the small sphere (much smaller than air bubble) would evaporate any water blocks it comes into contact with (similar to what water/air bubble looks like, but with particles and a much smaller area).
It will also not be able to be created underwater, as fire needs air to start, but it could be created above water, then moved into water (keeping the air in a bubble with it).
Anyone that who walks into or is hit by the bubble will take fire damage and/or be set on fire (unless they are using heat control). It could also melt ice around the player using it.

The other move, would be similar to Fire Blast, or could be a addition to Fire Blast. When holding down shift with the slot selected, it will charge the move (like Fire Burst and other moves). Once ready it can be released and will shoot similar to Fire Blast, however when it comes in contact with water, it will evaporate it (similar to Fire Bubble/Sphere), creating a temporary gap in water in the shape of a line (the path of the fire, unlike moves like water/air bubble which create spheres). It will also give fire damage to anything hit by it. Similar to Fire Bubble/Sphere, it can not be created under water, but has to be created in air and then into water.
No. If firebenders are fighting people near ponds, thats on them. Wth would we give a firebender airbubble? And do you know how hot water needs to be in order to evaporate? The only character to evaporate water from point blank range is Azula. I dont care if firebenders have a problem, firebenders dominate the land in most servers.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
No. If firebenders are fighting people near ponds, thats on them. Wth would we give a firebender airbubble? And do you know how hot water needs to be in order to evaporate? The only character to evaporate water from point blank range is Azula. I dont care if firebenders have a problem, firebenders dominate the land in most servers.
I actually agree for once,
Anna, charged fireblast can damage the blocks around a waterbender if they're not more than 2 blocks deep in the water, and if they are, lightning can get through that. Fire dominating both land and water is just dumb imo

Hero

Verified Member
I actually agree for once,
Anna, charged fireblast can damage the blocks around a waterbender if they're not more than 2 blocks deep in the water, and if they are, lightning can get through that. Fire dominating both land and water is just dumb imo
youre not allowed to agree with the panda...............................................bread bear.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
This just doesn't seem logical, and isn't fair to the other benders. A lot of times in fights, non firebenders will slowly push the fight over to a pond or lake, because that is an advantage point for them, especially for waterbenders. It is the firebender's job to resist this flow, and try to keep the fight where he/she is at the advantage. This is called strategy, and these moves that you have suggested would make it so that firebenders could get and easy, cheap kill (not to mention that the moves themselves are illogical). As a person who loves firebending, I think these moves would be completely unfair to the other benders, and make the plugin unbalanced. Sorry if I was a bit harsh, just trying to get my point across.

Hero

Verified Member
This just doesn't seem logical, and isn't fair to the other benders. A lot of times in fights, non firebenders will slowly push the fight over to a pond or lake, because that is an advantage point for them, especially for waterbenders. It is the firebender's job to resist this flow, and try to keep the fight where he/she is at the advantage. This is called strategy, and these moves that you have suggested would make it so that firebenders could get and easy, cheap kill (not to mention that the moves themselves are illogical). As a person who loves firebending, I think these moves would be completely unfair to the other benders, and make the plugin unbalanced. Sorry if I was a bit harsh, just trying to get my point across.
I think fire in general is unfair

Anna_28

Verified Member
Hm. I guess so. Just thought it would be a neat idea. And it isn't anywhere near as much water as air bubble, plus you would be shifting and so can't go anywhere fast.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I don't think this move have a place in the plugin . Every element have advantages and disadvantages so giving this advantage to firebending will give another disadvantage for waterbending so it would seem logical if every element is more powerful in his element so making waterbenders underpowered in water isn't logical at all . I'd prefer to keep things as it is right now : Firebenders are powerful on land and waterenders are powerful in water :D
PLUS it isn't very realistic because we need a VERRRRRRRRRRRY high temperature to evaporate water xD

orfeas

Verified Member
I have to agree with the others.This is illogical and unbalanced.Most servers have lighting for every firebender.So you can force the benders in the water to get on land!

Moonelight

Verified Member
I'm sorry but we have yet to see anything similar to this inside of the show. And I doubt we will see it inside the plugin any time soon. Not only that but there are some points that others made as to why this isn't possible. I'm sorry if you feel attacked by all the negative responses, but they are mostly right.
This just doesn't seem logical, and isn't fair to the other benders. A lot of times in fights, non firebenders will slowly push the fight over to a pond or lake, because that is an advantage point for them, especially for waterbenders. It is the firebender's job to resist this flow, and try to keep the fight where he/she is at the advantage.
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.