• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Line and Fire Swipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chen

Verified Member
So sorry off topic still, but that's because heat rises, so regardless of color, the higher up the flame the hotter.

Chen

Verified Member
(Sorry off topic)

But when the heat rises, it gets cooled by the cooler air around it.
True, but on a candle the difference between the surrounding air temperature won't be noticeable if it's just an inch above

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure blue flames being directly hotter than orange/yellow is sort of a misconception (but that's still off topic).

Anyways, I think both these moves would be great additions, but I don't think blaze needs to be replaced by them (if anyone is unsure whether or not blaze was actually used in the show, I'm pretty sure its supposed to represent Zuko's firebending breakdancing move where he sweeps his legs across the ground, lel).
I don't think having more than 9 moves is a bad thing either. Having more than 9 possible attacks to use brings diversity and strategic choosing to everyone's unique moveset (plus fire and water both already have 10 moves).

ashe36

Verified Member
The only real problem with these moves is the fact that they're just different uses of fireblast. When creating new moves, you should try to avoid that.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
The only real problem with these moves is the fact that they're just different uses of fireblast. When creating new moves, you should try to avoid that.
I understand what you're saying, they're both just sorta single-target, long ranged moves. However, there are a lot of things that could be done to differentiate them from having the same use as fireblast.

For example, fireswipe could function as a close/mid range spammable that does minimal damage but puts a lot of pressure on the opponent with a low cooldown. This isn't something fireblast does - its very slow, has a long range, and hits rather hard.

Just throwing ideas out there, although I understand if this isn't the direction you want to go with the abilities.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
For example, fireswipe could function as a close/mid range spammable that does minimal damage but puts a lot of pressure on the opponent with a low cooldown. This isn't something fireblast does - its very slow, has a long range, and hits rather hard.
That's closer to what I was going for with fireswipe, possibly with a small cooldown though.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Yeah, it was more of an example than an actual proposal though. I just kind of wanted to say that you can have abilities that may sound or look similar to another but have a completely different function

Status
Not open for further replies.