• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Line and Fire Swipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Here are two moves that I've seen used many times, fireswipe has been used in almost every single fight, and fire line seems to be used more towards the end of the show. Considering fire is the most offensive element, and most people choose it for pvp, adding in more attacks would make fights more interesting. I think that by adding in these combat moves, and others, it will create more unique fighting styles. This will help to make it so that each player isn't shooting the same moves at eachother, and spices up fights overall.

Fireswipe:
36308dbfbb4484bdca45771ad8419010.gif firebending-o.gif

go to http://i.imgur.com/eeTRoi9.gif for another

Fire swipe - Although it may seem similar to airswipe, it has been used too many times in the show to be ignored. Damage wise it would be a lower damaging attack, most likely 1 heart( 2 dmg) as well as dealing fire damage. For looks, most likely a 5 block horizontal line of fire shooting maybe 10-15 blocks outward to the enemy. All of this is changeable, just a my personal suggestion.

Fireline:
ef2744052dd9744c6bd73141f9a38777.gif aec0a2b0c9c350e2b54d3849e05ef7a9.gif

go to http://i.imgur.com/r9xyPXl.gif for another (I know its very fast, but its the best i could do)

Fire line - Firebenders need more long range moves, I'm not asking this move to do a lot of damage, but a decent amount. The gif explains it pretty well, and I know that because of the comet the effects are a lot large, but as show other times in the show, its a long distance move. When it actually comes down to using the move, I'm thinking something like with torrent, the line shoots out a certain distance from where your looking, and follows your head movement for a maybe 2-3 seconds, as to prevent it from being abused. When hitting the ground the fire particles disappear and leave a line of fire on the ground. This move could also be used as the fire whips, which have also been seen in the show multiple times. Once again, this is all changeable, and may have to be changed when it comes down making the move, but I definitely think that this should be implemented into the plugin.

NOTICE: Something to consider would be putting these moves into blaze (along with another called "fire ring") replacing the current functions of it. See Elzoz's comment down below for more.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

FireSwipe could be interesting to see, and FireLine also. Only thing I can see as an issue is that this could get some seriously powerful firebenders compared to the other elements.

Majorite

Verified Member
Okay, okay. I think fire has enough moves at this point. The 1.4.0 is mainly focusing on Water and Air because last update focused on Earth and Fire. This may be added later, but I really don't see a point with these moves. They would just make fire stronger than it is to the other elements.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
FireSwipe could be interesting to see, and FireLine also. Only thing I can see as an issue is that this could get some seriously powerful firebenders compared to the other elements.
Which is why i left most of the damage and distance stuff open, as I do realize that if made too strong, there could be issues.

Okay, okay. I think fire has enough moves at this point. The 1.4.0 is mainly focusing on Water and Air because last update focused on Earth and Fire. This may be added later, but I really don't see a point with these moves. They would just make fire stronger than it is to the other elements.
"Considering fire is the most offensive element, and most people choose it for pvp, adding in more attacks would make fights more interesting. I think that by adding in these combat moves, and others, it will create more unique fighting styles. This will help to make it so that each player isn't shooting the same moves at eachother, and spices up fights overall. "

If your asking for my reasoning, there it is.

Majorite

Verified Member
Which is why i left most of the damage and distance stuff open, as I do realize that if made too strong, there could be issues.

"Considering fire is the most offensive element, and most people choose it for pvp, adding in more attacks would make fights more interesting. I think that by adding in these combat moves, and others, it will create more unique fighting styles. This will help to make it so that each player isn't shooting the same moves at eachother, and spices up fights overall. "

If your asking for my reasoning, there it is.
I wasn't asking you for anything. I was making a statement, and I am trying to tell you it would unbalance the elements in this plugin. It wouldn't make things more interesting because everybody would choose fire due to its power.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Your going to have to sacrifice other moves to put ones like these in(only 9 slots). Once again, the effects of the move are all open for change. The goal here wasn't to make fire overpowered, it was to add in more moves to open up more combinations, even if the single move does a half a heart, or so. More attack moves have been suggested for other elements as well. In my opinion, even if the moves are very weak, they are still worth putting in.

Elzoz

Verified Member
why not... revamp the skill blaze 2 these to? i mean blaze is a insanely strong skill at none firebenders due to its tick damage, i believe if you are hit with it you have like 4 hearts left or less after a full burn out, but why not revamp it to line of fire would be like 2 blocks and 2 high and shoot a bit further then justleft click blaze, and fire swipe shuled be the the shift left click move and if you just shift and realse it would just be a ring of fire (pherhaps abit nerfed if there are going to be 3 moves in one) fire swipe should be a well swipe of fire that would be 2 wide and hover one block from the ground mayby :p to be honest id rather see revamps of old skill made more efficient then to add 7 more right now...like i fireshield is still not blocking to good (not airswipe or airblast or earthblast ) and walloffire just seems hard to use efficient aswell :s i dont know what you feel guys but id rather have better more versatile skills like surge and torrent like water benders then more stuff to scroll in-between :s tell me what you think :p

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
why not... revamp the skill blaze 2 these to? i mean blaze is a insanely strong skill at none firebenders due to its tick damage, i believe if you are hit with it you have like 4 hearts left or less after a full burn out, but why not revamp it to line of fire would be like 2 blocks and 2 high and shoot a bit further then justleft click blaze, and fire swipe shuled be the the shift left click move and if you just shift and realse it would just be a ring of fire (pherhaps abit nerfed if there are going to be 3 moves in one) fire swipe should be a well swipe of fire that would be 2 wide and hover one block from the ground mayby :p to be honest id rather see revamps of old skill made more efficient then to add 7 more right now...like i fireshield is still not blocking to good (not airswipe or airblast or earthblast ) and walloffire just seems hard to use efficient aswell :s i dont know what you feel guys but id rather have better more versatile skills like surge and torrent like water benders then more stuff to scroll in-between :s tell me what you think :p
Thats also something to cosider for blaze(the ring of fire has also been seen in the show when aang first tried firebending) Fire doesnt really have moves that have multiple (different) abilities; water has torrent and surge, earth may be getting earthsmash, and air itself is getting a bunch of ideas thrown at it. Giving blaze these abilities instead of what it has now(at least i think that's what you mean) would be interesting, and bring the plugin closer to the show, as I don't remember seeing the current blaze used in TLA or LOK.

chazpants

Verified Member
Fire is interesting enough as it is I think we need to focus on water and air now because fire was given a new move last time.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Fire is interesting enough as it is I think we need to focus on water and air now because fire was given a new move last time.
You still can't ignore the fact that the moves are there, and used pretty often in the show. Didn't say this needed to be an immediate change, only that it should be considered, and looked into for a future update.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Well blue fire didn't really have any xtra/special abilities, but it would be cool to see that implemented into the plugin (probably with blue firework streams and ender particles), but toggleable.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Actually, blue fire was the more powerful equivalent. This is described somewhere on the Avatar Wiki (God knows where) and also just generally in science (blue fire is hotter than red fire)

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Yeah I remember hearing that, but what he suggested was that blue fire got its own moves. What I meant to say was that it had the same functions as normal fire.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If I were to implement blue fire (not saying I will or even want to but as a purely theoretical idea) I would most likely have it have the same abilities as normal fire but have the damage on it as a lot more powerful. We really only see Azula with blue fire, not even Fire Lord Ozai seems to have it, and she is of course a bending prodigy. However, she even only has it after she masters firebending, since as a child she has normal red fire.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Kinda veering off topic here, but I would like to hear more... making a separate thread for this would help get more opinions and ideas.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Feel free to make your own thread on it but I was just contributing to this one on my idea for an implementation on it.

Elzoz

Verified Member
If I were to implement blue fire (not saying I will or even want to but as a purely theoretical idea) I would most likely have it have the same abilities as normal fire but have the damage on it as a lot more powerful. We really only see Azula with blue fire, not even Fire Lord Ozai seems to have it, and she is of course a bending prodigy. However, she even only has it after she masters firebending, since as a child she has normal red fire.

um a funny thing about blue fire if you want to be realsitice is kinda cooler the red fire in the heat so to say, i know this sine im a firebreath or was a firebreather in real life XD its the first stage in the chemical reaction of a burning soures, if you dont belive me just light a candle and sweep your over the blue and then the yellow and the notce that if you swipe it over the top of the yellow then thats where it is as hotest :p but it would be a cool thing if you could have it as a sub element and it would just give it more dmg :p BUT thats not the point of this thread so yeah XD

Status
Not open for further replies.