• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
This move would be just a controllable line of fire. Like the earth smash of fire. You could click to make it go in the direction you are looking, or sneak to control it. You would have to charge the move for a second or two to start, but if you used sneak on a torch it would be instant.

Midnight Lotus

its not unique enough, did you even think of how earth smash works? If you didnt know, in the anime, fire can be emitted yet rarely controlled so pushing fire from pre existing blocks is fairly pointless.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
Fire was controlled quite often. A person actually did this move in the episode called, "The Deserter". And fire was also taken from torches or candles around the bender. This move would be able to be emitted, but also it would not need a charge if you took the fire from a torch, to make the move more realistic to the show.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. ATLA&ALOK ISN'T AN ANIME
2. If you are referring to Iroh dragon of fire, he didn't do it like - its more like jedcore firebreat ability.
3. "Fire was also taken from torches" Proof?
4 Why would they need to pull fire from torches and other fire lit objects when they can firebending without needing to do that? Sun is the source and fual for firebending, meaning if they stand outside while its sunny and they are direct contact with the source their bending gets powered up.
5. This is a rip off of earthsmash, which also doesn't bring any unique to the plugin. Wanna use fire as a barrier shield or/and then launch that huge fireball? Sneak FireShield + Release charge fireblast through the shield.

I do wish there was a flamethrower/firebreath type of an ability, but to me yours is a unnecessary copy cat from another bending art which to me personally is lame. Like I said, JedCore's firebreat to me is a personal choice as an default ability.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
2. I was referring to the episode where a fire bender creates a big flame and makes it look like a dragon and controls it around Katara, I could not find a picture but the episode is called the deserter and it is when they are in the festival.

3. Fire was taken from the torches and fire places in a couple of episodes, one was when they go to the ancient ruins of the Sun Gods, another is when they meditate and would control the flames on the candles

4. You would be able to charge the ability and use it, but if there was already a source block of fire(like a torch or flame) you would not need to charge it, I just thought that that would be a cool acceptation to fire bending.

5. Yeah, it sort of is a rip off, but I still think it would be a cool ability. But I do think earthsmash was a good ability, earth benders are now more mobile with it, you can control it like an actual earth bender and carry stuff in it.

I do like jedcores fire breath, and this ability would not be like that ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
2. I was referring to the episode where a fire bender creates a big flame and makes it look like a dragon and controls it around Katara, I could not find a picture but the episode is called the deserter and it is when they are in the festival.

3. Fire was taken from the torches and fire places in a couple of episodes, one was when they go to the ancient ruins of the Sun Gods, another is when they meditate and would control the flames on the candles

4. You would be able to charge the ability and use it, but if there was already a source block of fire(like a torch or flame) you would not need to charge it, I just thought that that would be a cool acceptation to fire bending.

5. Yeah, it sort of is a rip off, but I still think it would be a cool ability. But I do think earthsmash was a good ability, earth benders are now more mobile with it, you can control it like an actual earth bender and carry stuff in it.

I do like jedcores fire breath, and this ability would not be like that ability.

2. Well I'm gonna rewatch it, so I can comment on that.

Rewatched it, and all I can say I have mix feelings towards this ability. I can't really tell if it would give any potential, because you can simply hit people with just a single fireblast.

3. Didn't really see torches there, but I personally see no reason to source-fire, when you can simple shoot it from your hands. Same goes for airblast and airsuction creating-a-source feature

4. Kinda.. Well that actually is a legit to have, so I can't think of a good argument.

5. Well, it isn't a rip off, because how I seen in the cartoon, it's a stream-ish thing and probably the guy could have the dragon sustain after "breathing" the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.