• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Daggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Two hearts for every hit, plus fire damage? Isn't that slightly overpowered....?
Could you freaking say a amount of damage you think is fair? This takes up a entire hotbar spot, only useful for fighting to the point a sword is useful, and you still think it is overpowered. A wooden sword could do more damage then this, and it does no damage against iron/gold/diamond armor wearers, for comparison. With those factors in mind, it needs to be buffed, not debuffed, or are you just against fire having a move good against water campers?

Simonster99

Verified Member
Could you freaking say a amount of damage you think is fair? This takes up a entire hotbar spot, only useful for fighting to the point a sword is useful, and you still think it is overpowered. A wooden sword could do more damage then this, and it does no damage against iron/gold/diamond armor wearers, for comparison. With those factors in mind, it needs to be buffed, not debuffed, or are you just against fire having a move good against water campers?
Calm down dude, jesus... And yes I could ''freaking'' say the amount of damage I think is fair, you ready? I think the amount of damage that is fair is..... 0,5 hearts of damage more than the usual punch does, wanna know why? Because you don't see firebenders use fire daggers in combat do you? They are usualy used for intimidation and cutting ropes. Well, Zuko did use it one time, Nvm that. Besides all that, you do realise that a regular fireblast does 1 heart of damage right? And I can't really see how a little fire jet in your hand could do more damage than a fireblast. There you go, happy? Can you now stop raging at people for criticising your, Oh so ''great'' ideas?

Last edited:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
ummm even though, still op. watermanip does what 0.5 or 1 hearts something like that and yet this move still does more damage

mastermind71

Verified Member
I'm don't exactly agree with this idea. First off, more people wear iron armor + rather than leather armor. So once people find out about this and how strong it is then everyone would probably get iron to counter it. Secondly, I don't know how this would contribute to their kit. They already have a very strong and versatile move pool. Having a diamond sword with fireaspect would simulate a similar reaction. Lastly, I can't visualize the particles of this ability without it looking like a huge mush.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I really like the idea of having a fire dagger move. I don't know about the exact proportions and mechanics of this move. I think it should just be the amount of damage that a normal punch does but it sets the taget in fire. Just thinking out loud

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Because the fire dagger is made of fire. Fire benders create it by fire bending. It's not like they use flint and steel to make their fire daggers. It wouldn't be realistic :/

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
I agree it should be about 0.5 hearts. I also think this could be done where the daggers are blaze rods (seems like the most possible option without having a big loaf of particles poorly imitating the shape of a dagger. So someone could throw the blaze rods or something showing small flame particles aiming towards to target. Just a suggestion to your idea ^_^ (don't get belligerent towards me too, just a friendly idea)

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I would enjoy fire particles more, because it would look better (in my opinion) Maybe just have fire particles surrounding the player's fists?

Joeri

Verified Member
No offense but i kinda find it useless. Sure it will look pretty but just punch someone with fireblast close range and you basically have the move. . . .

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
But this idea is something that kinda adds to the fire bender aspect as it is a move they have been known to use in the show. Maybe it could be more of a RPG idea?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I still like the move regardless, but I think the suggestion is exactly where it should be. Fire Daggers would be one of very few fire bending moves that isn't just a big blast or a big wall of fire. It's also the first strictly physical attack where you only do damage by punching, I think it's a well needed addition

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
No matter what we do, face the facts, MC bending isnt gonna be as good as Avatar Bending.There's just bound to be moves that aren't and will not be implemented now or in the future. :/

owlcool

Verified Member
No matter what we do, face the facts, MC bending isnt gonna be as good as Avatar Bending.There's just bound to be moves that aren't and will not be implemented now or in the future. :/
Yeah, I somehow doubt this post belongs here. Remember waterarms? That is being made. I doubt a tiny knife is more complicated then two waterarms, no?

Simonster99

Verified Member
Yeah, I somehow doubt this post belongs here. Remember waterarms? That is being made. I doubt a tiny knife is more complicated then two waterarms, no?
The only complicated part about this suggestion is making the actual daggers look like daggers using particles, wich is most likely not possible. Unless you're fine with only having a smudge of fire particles around the hand. You could call it ''Fire Fist'' instead

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
The only complicated part about this suggestion is making the actual daggers look like daggers using particles, wich is most likely not possible. Unless you're fine with only having a smudge of fire particles around the hand. You could call it ''Fire Fist'' instead
Fire Daggers is still a cooler name ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.