• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Fire) Charging FireBlast while on Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Fire isn't the strongest element in the default config.
Fire can deal more damage at once than any other element... If you minus lava and Watermanipulation spam if you're in water.

Water out guns fire.
Guns? As in projectiles? As in damage? As in...??? If you're implying Water has more attack moves than fire I'd sort of agree, if we're looking at usefulness in quick combat. However, this does not mean water overpowers Fire.

Air can out maneuver fire
Are you implying fire and air should have equal mobility? I think you're confusing what people mean when they say "balanced config"

airswipe / sweep doesn't take that much aim.
AirSweep isn't the easiest combo to achieve when you're in quick combat with a firebender. I always have trouble getting that to work, although that may be just me rushing myself. And Air really only has Airswipe as an actually damaging move, not counting the combo. Suffocate could count, but it's really hard to land a Suffocate unless the target is afk.

Earth is basically on par with Fire
What is equal to Earths LavaFlow? As you said, Fire lacks in mobility. So an Earthbender could easily bury you in lava.... Not seeing the equality you're talking about.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Fire can deal more damage at once than any other element... If you minus lava and Watermanipulation spam if you're in water.

Guns? As in projectiles? As in damage? As in...??? If you're implying Water has more attack moves than fire I'd sort of agree, if we're looking at usefulness in quick combat. However, this does not mean water overpowers Fire.

Are you implying fire and air should have equal mobility? I think you're confusing what people mean when they say "balanced config"

AirSweep isn't the easiest combo to achieve when you're in quick combat with a firebender. I always have trouble getting that to work, although that may be just me rushing myself. And Air really only has Airswipe as an actually damaging move, not counting the combo. Suffocate could count, but it's really hard to land a Suffocate unless the target is afk.

What is equal to Earths LavaFlow? As you said, Fire lacks in mobility. So an Earthbender could easily bury you in lava.... Not seeing the equality you're talking about.
Guns as in projectiles. Water has Torrent, WaterManip, IceSpike, and IceBlast, which all but IceBlast have good range and their course can be directed. Also when Water is on any water platform that is decently spaced out, skilled waterbenders can easily juke FireBlasts if they put a distance away from the Firebender on WaterSpout

Air and Fire don't have equal mobility. Don't put words in my mouth. AirBlast jump is the best mobility technique in the game.
AirSweep may not be the easily combo for you, but I've fought plenty of Airbenders that can pull it off no problem. Unlike a generic blast, it's wide radius means that once you've toned your mouse movements, it can be fairly easy to hit.

Earth's LavaFlow has a good warning. Maybe in a hilly / rocky environment, and the firebender doesn't have firejet up and is unattentive, then he'll get buried in Lava. Otherwise you can easily just make yourself a block to stand on by digging dirt. Or just start Heatcontrolling the lava once it first appears so you have a foothold to stand on. Really, half of these things that I'm mentioning is common sense, so I'm starting to doubt how much you have fire bent

SuperBower118

Verified Member
How though.
Torrent dominates any projectile fire throws at it- I've even thrown lightning and the only thing that lightning will do is just stop course and spread, so that's not an option (unless the waterbender is extremely close to the torrent blast / ring) if you thought it was.
WaterManip and IceSpike are easily spammable (especially with dynamic sourcing, dear lord) along with directable and have exceptional range. IceBlast does a fair amount of health, slow, and you can't block or really react to it since it's so sudden.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Fire is easiest element though.
Alright I'll give you that. Mechanically, it is easy compared to the rest, but it doesn't exactly reap as much rewards compared to the rest. Getting kills on Waterbenders / Airbenders is considerably harder than you'd think it would be.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Doesn't lightning come in handy?
3 / 10 times yes. It's shock range is practically 2D in water, it barely extends 3 blocks down. It's range is just trash, it doesn't even go where you want it to. You'd spend your time better charging up a FireBlast or moving to a better position. It's really only useful to tagging waterspouts if you're close enough and have the time / hearts to expend and for finishing off waterbenders healing up. That or scaring people by hitting them with a random lightning.
Which is hilarious.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If that's really true, this really needs to be looked into. We saw the big impact on left of the consequence when fighting those benders in wet enviroments (Mako killed Ming-hua by taking that as an advantage over her). The Canon and I even thinks physics would disagree on how flawed it works in the game.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If that's really true, this really needs to be looked into. We saw the big impact on left of the consequence when fighting those benders in wet enviroments (Mako killed Ming-hua by taking that as an advantage over her).
It does a lot of damage to those who use waterarms, but still, lightning in general needs to be reworked. I might post my ideas on that tomorrow.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I do recall many people ranting about it on the forums. Lighting should also affect iron blocks, If it doesn't already.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Would leather armor make the person immune? (I don't really remember If lighting conducts in it or not)
I think leather can be considered just clothes since you don't use iron in the crafting recipe. Because there was actual leather armor waaaayyyy back, but MC leather armor is different from that.

EDIT:
But either way, we're deviating from the point of this thread

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sorry. I do agree with your points and I would probably love it If we could charge fireblast whilst the non-charged technique is on a cooldonw.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Sorry. I do agree with your points and I would probably love it If we could charge fireblast whilst the non-charged technique is on a cooldonw.
It's fine. It's just that the sacred PK forum mods of legends & tales long ago might pop up here and get pissed at you.

Loony

Verified Member
Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? You're were the once complain to devs that the config once was unbalanced, so y'all change its settings' values.And besides, you keep on adding stuff to the config anyway, so why skip this?
No, the default config was extremely unbalanced and moves such as water were configured in a way where it could crash low-end servers. Making such a small change would be irrelevant. On top of that, FireBurst might do one heart initially but it also ignites people for numerous seconds, which makes the total damage rather large.

If you could charge while the cooldown was active, there wouldn't be a point in having a cooldown. Fire is already the strongest element by default, this just seems to make them more powerful with no balance
For this exact reason I'm denying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.