• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Fire) Charging FireBlast while on Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
There should be a config option to allow charging FireBlast while FireBlast is on Cooldown.
Lots of Firebenders would appreciate this, including me.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Usually I used the Charged FireBlast and then the click FireBlast, so I never encounter what you're describing, but I guess I could agree.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Usually I used the Charged FireBlast and then the click FireBlast, so I never encounter what you're describing, but I guess I could agree.
Yeah, and after you click the FireBlast, the FireBlast goes on cooldown, and you can't even charge up another fireblast until your cooldown on fireblast is gone.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There should be a config option to allow charging FireBlast while FireBlast is on Cooldown.
Don't see how that makes sense, but all right... Or, actually - I find it annoying as I could imagine, lol. Thought wouldn't switching to FireBurst cone would benefit you more? (Haven't played firebending for a long time, so I might have forget how it is different from charge fireblast).

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I meant: annoying when not having that config option* hahah.

Loony

Verified Member
How is this balanced? Or needed? I imagine firebenders not realising and shooting their fireblasts before the cooldown has even finished.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
How is this balanced? Or needed? I imagine firebenders not realising and shooting their fireblasts before the cooldown has even finished.
Because water has moves like Torrent, which can be released every 2 - 3 seconds....
Air and Earth can spam their falling moves...
Really, the other elements have easy access to their powerful moves. I don't see why fire shouldn't have the ability to use basically the only reliable ranged move it has more often, just like how water can use torrent so often.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Don't see how that makes sense, but all right... Or, actually - I find it annoying as I could imagine, lol. Thought wouldn't switching to FireBurst cone would benefit you more? (Haven't played firebending for a long time, so I might have forget how it is different from charge fireblast).

FireBurst is literally a joke. It does 1 heart of initial damage and it's burn damage can be especially minimal with the new Earth armor. It'd just be more beneficial to do much damage with FireBlast (Charged) -> FireBlast.

Loony

Verified Member
Because water has moves like Torrent, which can be released every 2 - 3 seconds....
Air and Earth can spam their falling moves...
Really, the other elements have easy access to their powerful moves. I don't see why fire shouldn't have the ability to use basically the only reliable ranged move it has more often, just like how water can use torrent so often.
All those moves have cooldowns and it's upto the server to configure them, so that argument isn't very valid

Loony

Verified Member
FireBurst is literally a joke. It does 1 heart of initial damage and it's burn damage can be especially minimal with the new Earth armor. It'd just be more beneficial to do much damage with FireBlast (Charged) -> FireBlast.
Again, it's a config option. Different on servers.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
All those moves have cooldowns and it's upto the server to configure them, so that argument isn't very valid
Talking about the Vanilla config, and according to this statement, that's it's up to the server to configure them, so it's really not a problem, then I don't see a problem with this suggestion either, or quite frankly, any suggestion, since after all, the servers can just config them to turn the move off...

And it doesn't make up for FireBurst being a joke in the default config.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? You're were the once complain to devs that the config once was unbalanced, so y'all change its settings' values.And besides, you keep on adding stuff to the config anyway, so why skip this?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well Loony, a concept designer, probably feels this isn't very necessary or worth the effort in trying (Like me). If this change was made I'd never notice, it wouldn't effect me.

From Loony's perspective, I'd imagine, this is such a small balancing move it'd be best for the server owners to decide whether to make it or not. It's not really gameplay affecting or anything.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
From Loony's perspective, I'd imagine, this is such a small balancing move it'd be best for the server owners to decide whether to make it or not. It's not really gameplay affecting or anything.
It's a config option, not a force feature. Anyone or any server can disable or enable it. A move?

Thought I would probably too wouldn't mind If this gets rejected.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well Loony, a concept designer, probably feels this isn't very necessary or worth the effort in trying (Like me). If this change was made I'd never notice, it wouldn't effect me.

You wouldn't notice this if you didn't play Fire that much.
However, that cooldown affects Firebenders in a lot of ways. Since FireJet is literally our only mobility tool, we're often firejetting to dodge Torrents, EarthSmashs, AirBursts, or even just to position ourselves. When that damn blast cooldown is on, though, we can't charge it, so we effectively forfeit a Charged FireBlast from that Firejet. It's quite a big deal, actually, especially if the fight is one that drags on.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Sitting there, sneaking, LESSENS your mobility... So be wise like the other firebenders and charge it while you're in FireJet. Then you can go along Fireblasting and using everything else. Or ask your server owners to fix that cooldown.
We're talking about the default config here. Using the config as an excuse means nothing.
And yes, of course I charge FireBlast while on jet. The problem is that I can't even charge it when it's on cooldown, so I just waste an opportunity, and with Fire, especially vanilla Fire, that can mean a lot.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you could charge while the cooldown was active, there wouldn't be a point in having a cooldown. Fire is already the strongest element by default, this just seems to make them more powerful with no balance

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If you could charge while the cooldown was active, there wouldn't be a point in having a cooldown. Fire is already the strongest element by default, this just seems to make them more powerful with no balance
Fire isn't the strongest element in the default config. Water out guns fire. Air can out maneuver fire and airswipe / sweep doesn't take that much aim. Earth is basically on par with Fire, but honestly Fire v Earth depends on the user's skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.