• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Fire) An Alternate to FireTick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
FireTick has basically been removed, which I can understand. However, one thing that I do think would be interesting would be to give Fire back some of it's damage it used to do with FireTick. I mainly vision this to be a config option; if you ever add FireTick to a move, you could set one config option- let's call it AlternateFireTick to true. Now what is this Alternate Fire Tick?

Alternate Fire Tick is just... extra damage. That's what Fire Tick was originally and it did it's job well, a bit TOO well for most players, as FireTick would also take up half of your screen when you're burning.

What I propose is that alternate fire tick would do, is that instead of actually lighting the opponent on Fire, it would deal a rapid amount of damage of what the fire tick would do.

For example, let's say a server admin set FireBlast to do one heart of initial damage and one heart of burn damage. By enabling AlternateFireTick, instead of having literal minecraft fire burn you for long enough that you take one extra heart of damage from the burning, it would deal a half a heart for every... let's say .3 second, just so that it's rapid. In other words, you'd lose one heart of initial damage and once that occurs, you'd rapidly lose .5 hearts every .3 - .5 seconds until you lose one heart (obviously the rapid damage wouldn't occur for long at all when you set the FireTick do deal 1 heart) This alternate FireTick could be canceled out by entering water, if you're right next to a water source (config option). If you're in water and you get hit by a move that would deal the Alternate FireTick, you wouldn't get the Alternate FireTick at all since you're in water. By doing this server owners could still have fire deal some extra damage without having the annoying literal Minecraft FireTick deal the damage. Note that Alternate FireTick wouldn't affect FireTick damage from any actual Fire Blocks, which means that if you step in a block that's consumed by fire and you get lit on fire... have fun with the vanilla firetick.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Or, for more intuitive option - FireScreen could be a boolean where it decides to use vanilla fire tick with the flame or not.

Loony

Verified Member
What you're describing is literally fire ticks but without the fire animation? Damage over time is too strong and generally annoying. It moves lack damage because there isn't fire ticks, there is damage values that can be changed in the config to compensate that.

Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.