• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it make sense to rename "chi blocking ; chi blocker" as a "fighter" 'element' (technical terminology ? And making "chi blocking" as a sub-category for "Figther".

I know "chi blocking" is just the term, and it existed since the beginning of the bending plugin. It is just that having it call "chi blocking" isn't that true. Abilities like smokescreen, warriorstance, swiftkick, highjump and acrobatstance aren't limited to those who are skilled/proficient at chi blocking, but its 'element' (<< as well) makes it quite limited to that scope. We have seen pirates, kyoshi warriors, and others using those abilities as well.

Am I not just nitpicking. If you look at chi blocking users in and out of itself, they are only a puzzle piece of the bigger picture of how this special element can actually be potential If we were to expand it. Probably the reason why there aren't a lot of chi blocking is that people think this refers to only chi blocking figthers, when in reality in fact there isn't a lot for this group-of-call to have use for in-game.

Ok, to get my point across:
Suggestion
  1. Rename "Chi Blocking" to Fighter.
  2. Branch it off as an umbrella concept for sub-categories (i.e. sub-skills, but for non-benders as a term).
  3. For sub-categories, you can take inspirations from the following threads:
    1. http://projectkorra.com/threads/new-elements-non-benders.2649/
    2. http://projectkorra.com/threads/non-bender.639/
    3. http://projectkorra.com/threads/inventor-class.1195/
    4. Kyoshi Warriors
    5. ??? ect.
These sub-categories would bring this "non-bender" element (how about I call this "Class" stop referring as an element?) to the full potential and diversity out of the limited scope, because right now all chi blocking is based of only the scope of what chi blockers could do and isn't that far too from others who didn't know how to chi block (there were non-bender people who were acrobatic as well for example). The categories would also bring customization and flexibility to the serving owners, allowing to have Figthers choose only one or two category (e.g, kyoshi warriors, fire nation soldiers, ninjas) and thus making the game diversive.

xNuminousx

"Figther"
I think Warrior would be a better term for this broad "class" if they were to make it. We see the term Warrior used quite often in the show. Other than that, I think this is a great logistic idea. Although, the term "Chi" is sort of signature I suppose so I'm not sure how they would take the idea.

But I like the idea of a non-bender being classified as a Warrior with certain default skills. Then Chi could be sub-class, Projectile could be a sub-class, Acrobatics could be a sub-class. There could be many different sub-classes based on the many different styles of martial arts and combat.

I shouldn't include, but I think its fair to say that even chi blocking has custom abilities created that aren't necessary related/dedicated to chi blockers, despites its cateogry. For instance, dagger throw :)

At the very least, chi blocking (paralyze, quickstrike and the chi blocking passive) should be sub-element called "chi blocking". Oh, I already said that! Don't know why I'm repeating lol.

But I like the idea of a non-bender being classified as a Warrior with certain default skills. Then Chi could be sub-class, Projectile could be a sub-class, Acrobatics could be a sub-class. There could be many different sub-classes based on the many different styles of martial arts and combat.
That's actually not a bad idea. Although, I don't If there will be enough abilities for acrobatics.

Fyf

This idea is dumb, if you actually researched, you'd know that the Kyoshi warriors used chiblocking techniques and were therefore by definition Chi Blockers. Anything else would fall under the Non-Bender category with a sword.
-Fyf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Loony

This idea is dumb, if you actually researched, you'd know that the Kyoshi warriors used chiblocking techniques and were therefore by definition Chi Blockers. Anything else would fall under the Non-Bender category with a sword.
-Fyf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
^ this.
Also, this would just strive away from it being a bending plugin.
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.