• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ferrokinesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is a fundamental metalbending ability, that allows the bender to shape and manipulate metal even more, which focus more of the close rage aspect of this sub-element. This ability comes with 3 controls, that each does a different action.

Sneaking for a second on a horizontal or vertical surface, will allow the bender to rip of 3 width metal wall (if it is narrower, that limited size will be tearable) and drag it while sprinting if up close (not far than 5 blocks away) to the following surface. Left Clicking a metal block does minimal ripping (one flat line peeling).

Sneaking also allows the bender to drag and shape iron blocks into varies barriers without running, but the rage of how far the wall can be pulled is very limited. If done so while locking the aim onto a player/mob, the wall will coil up towards that creature, dealing knockback to him/her if successfully hit.[02:09]

MetalCables will be compatibiles with this ability, allowing the metalbender to use this tool without conflicting with the unnecessary bending.

This could also allow users to peel and push back the floor into a wall whilst walking forward against it. Like in this video:

I know this exists in Jedcore, but so did WaterArms. This may revolutionize metalbending as a whole If this was implanted.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Not exactly sure what ferro translates to, but I picked it from powerlisting wikia. I supposed it meant 'metal' in general. Kinesis assiosates with "manipulation".

Wikipedia clarifies it: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ferrokinesis

Good thing that you like it. Though I doubt this will get through Concept Designers closed minds *sigh*

NickC1211

Verified Member
Not exactly sure what ferro translates to, but I picked it from powerlisting wikia. I supposed it meant 'metal' in general. Kinesis assiosates with "manipulation".

Wikipedia clarifies it: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ferrokinesis

Good thing that you like it. Though I doubt this will get through Concept Designers closed minds *sigh*
I believe it is just a broad term for metal manipulation so it would be a good name for the move/technique

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So I have a 2 major problems with this.

1. Why would anyone use this instead of RaiseEarth or EarthGrab?
The simple answer is not many people would, because both RaiseEarth and EarthGrab accomplish this without having to be surrounded by metal. Which is why I brought up my second point.​
2. How practical is this move in a place that isn't completely surrounded by metal?
The answer is that it isn't practical. You wouldn't be able to use it anywhere that isn't surrounded by metal, its a very very very environmentally specific move which I would not like to have as the "basis" for metalbending.

For those reasons I simply cannot accept this as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.