• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Favorite Element

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello! I wanted to ask everyone what their favorite bending element is and why. I made this post so people can see that the elements have different 'things' that make them good and bad. Mine will be below.

Water:
Water is my favorite element for many reasons. The biggest one is the balance between defense and offense. I also love the way waterbenders can switch between defense and offense.
-In The Plugin:
Water in the plugin is greatly different than the other elements, in my opinion. It's move have different options, like, how you can either turn Surge into a wave or a shield. When it is a shield, you can switch in between ice and water. When it is a wave, you can freeze it over or make it knock back.

V

Vidcom

Air:
Air because it's freedom, which I value a lot, very hard to use aggressively, and god what can't it do? It's so useful n_n
In the plugin:
It's flexible, fast, and generally suits most things I need an element for.

X_Eco

Verified Member
Water:
Water is my favourite because you can defend and attack gracefully.I've always like the water because when it rains it's so peacful.Also I like it because it can adapt to the situation.

In the plugin:
Swimming through the ocean is fun.Very deadly during full moon.:)Also the water animations are the nice.Furthermore most skills have multiple purposes.

Also I like this about them:

Elzoz

Verified Member
Fire: ..........tons of damage XD

In the plugin: not but its really is a pain in the butt for every element to to defend against, and i think air is it strongest counter or water bender in water aswell :s if you want to fight effective against a firebender, either have fire-resist potion or stand in water since the ONLY attack that works through water is combustion right now and it was a long cd :p

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Earth.
Sigh. Earth is my new favorite for many many reasons.
Earth has the best defense in the plugin.
Earth is everywhere....
Metalbending..
Lavabending...
It is also arguably the strongest element.
Mining is awesome with earth.
There are many styles to fight with..
ETC

V

Vidcom

Earth is fantastic and was my favourite until recently, I won't lie

Senseilove

Verified Member
my favorite is earth because you can do so many things and they have both metall bending and lava bending

Chen

Verified Member
Air: I have to choose air, but only recently due to the way Zaheer uses it. I'm very fond of agility and the way Zaheer uses Air is great, it allows you to throw your opponent around and use your surroundings to injure them.

In the plugin:
I like Water Earth and Air equally, however I'm not too fond of Fire, as I find it's restricted in it's uses. For me, when I fight a fire bender, it's usually Firejet + Fireblast, throwing in the odd lightning or Fireburst, the flow is too predictable. I agree that this could be said for other elements, however for earth water and air, there is great mobility available, some say Firejet is mobility but compared to what the other three elements have it's not a lot. E.g Earth has Catapult, allowing Earthbenders to be almost faster than Air, water has Surge, allowing you to throw yourself through the air at high speeds and air of course has Airblast. So in a sense, my preference of an element is determined on it's mobility.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Earth
I use my totally not at all cheap strategy of EarthTunneling at an angle in the ground and when they come after me I collapse the ceiling above them. + also love lava bending +Catapulting all over the place is just too fun.

Joeri

Verified Member
Water
Water is just the most flexible element, it also calms my mind... blue is my fav colour. you can controll almost every move. There are alot of possibilityies, even fast transport on land and flying with water (im serious)

In the plugin:
I feel like some of the moves really need changes. (Octopusform and icespike) but everything else is amazing. You can defend great but at the same time attack. It's also very flexible

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
§aEarth
§0 because it has the best defense and attack abilites throughout the plugin its just like §lsooo awrsome! §0 so yeah mine is earth

owlcool

Verified Member
Fire, I am great with working with tricks, like the common firejet-fireblast, and fire seems to have the most tricks out of all the elements. Now that combustion is added, Un-inventive people get better chances now, partially because it is useless for combo's/tricks.

Last edited:

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
Air:
I really like free combat style, air is my style, evasive and defensive(i like to use offensive too)

In The Plugin:
It's awesome, what i can say? You don't need to really make a strategy for the attacks, only evade and attack, also it's a freedom style of combat, and great mobility, my style of bending is the fast, and air is exactly what i am talking about.

MrXaviDRN

Verified Member
Earth. In projectkorra servers I'm only fighting in the arenas. I'm not a survival fan. And, Catapult+Shockwave is always fun! :D

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Mine used to be Fire because it was relativly simple to learn and use, then Air cause you can fly everywhere
Now its water since the birth of the OctoSurge glitch - I has bonded with water

owlcool

Verified Member
I have to agree, fire is pretty easy, arguably easier then air. But then you have skilled firebenders vs unskilled firebenders, and combustion needs no charge time, so useless firejet charging time on that, and it does massive amounts of damage, so people who just team as firebenders and tp them back into fights and only use moves like lightning and combustion and fireburst have quite the advantage now.