• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Extra Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Hello Minecrafters!

The bending community is growing and so are the moves, you are limited to only 9 slots and this can be challenging for avatars that want a few moves from all elements. After I was trying to make a new avatar preset I felt very limited, so I thought about moves like WaterArms and ElementSphere—made by @jedk1 —that gave you the ability to use it's sub abilities, after brainstorming I thought about bind pages. By this I mean that you can start binding from slot 1-8 and then on slot #9 you can right click to go the bind page 2/3 (limit of pages is 3) and continue binding. All this could be saved in one large preset.

Benefits:

1.) It gives bending for players easy access to up to 24 moves.
Instead of binding another preset for another set of moves you can left-click on the ninth slot to go to the previous page and right-click to proceed to the next page.

2.) Avatars are benefited from this.
If an avatar were to have 3 moves from each element; he/she would not have space for the last move and if that person wants his/her main element to have 4 moves then that person wouldn't have enough space to fit all the moves that he likes from other elements.

3.) You would be notified on which page you are currently on.
It would get really confusing if you did not get notified; hence the reason why I say we should implement BendingBoard created by @AlexTheCoder OR we should get a short message from chat—using your elements color—saying "Moved to third bind page" or something to that extent.

4.) People will be more satisfied with Project Korra.
One of the reasons why people do not like bending with Project Korra is because they feel limited, if this does get implemented, people will admire this plugin for giving you access to more moves, maybe they will stop feeling limited and start feeling like Amon, Korra, Aang, Bolin, Suyin, Kai, Mako, etc.

Cons:

1.) You will have to remember 24 or less moves and know where they are.
Now that you can get 24 moves on your hands—or less—you will have to remember as much as you can and you must know where they are by page number, this can be challenging unless you have the bending board.

2.) Your binds can be really tacky.
For those people that like to reorganize their binds without forgetting them, it can be very confusing and they might just give up.

3.) Combos might be difficult.
If you have your moves in different pages, your combos are most likely not going to work, maybe page 1 for the main, 2 for the combos and 3 for the sub? :/

Conclusion:

When we are able to access more moves in a simpler way, Minecraft bending and bending on the shows will seem very versatile whereas we can quickly access any 1 out of the 24 slots we can choose from.

Thank you,
ApexHD_

I do please ask for polite replies, constructive criticism and respect.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Right clicking only works with blocks, items, and players. Also some abilities use it.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I think it is a good idea but as said Simplicitee (itself XD) Right clicking can be registered only on a block, a player or an item :/

Sorin

Verified Member
Maybe shift right click on the 9th slot, and just make it so you can't bind moves on the 9th slot. Sure it would get rid of slot 9 but still, and also to avoid complications on going back one page make it so it is only 2 pages, so we don't lose slot 1 as well.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Maybe shift right click on the 9th slot, and just make it so you can't bind moves on the 9th slot. Sure it would get rid of slot 9 but still, and also to avoid complications on going back one page make it so it is only 2 pages, so we don't lose slot 1 as well.
Your ninth slot is not used for bnding, its for page navigation. Ill consider only 2 pages when I get on my pc.

jedk1

I believe this is possible.
It is possible, BUT it would require the player databases to be updated to accommodate the new slots, as currently players slots are stored in a database 1-9.
On top of that you would then potentially only get to use 7 out of 9 hot bar slots as 1 and 9 would have to be used to detect scrolling beyond the hotbar.
Yes it's possible, Ideal? Not really.

Loony

Verified Member
I dont think this should be done as it adds confusion, you can easily have more binds using macroo's keybinding mod.
It's usually against the rules to use macros.

I'm gonna deny this because you basically get the same thing from presets (even though they're broken currently)
Having more slots would, like Jed said, limit you to only 7 slots which I don't think is a good thing.
Also, it would be confusing scrolling through your slots trying to find the move that you want. It would seem much easier to just use presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.