• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Essentials and ProjectKorra prefix?

S0LIX

Verified Member
So I recently tried to get PK prefixes to work but the only way they work is if I uninstall essentials and that isnt an option... any help?

Thanks,
Sol

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The prefixes are not out in an update yet. They will probably be released in a future update. Stay tuned <3

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is there any way I can do ranks or name colors with groupmanager based on element?
Oh you mean the Group Prefixes not the Chat Prefixes.... Lol..... Well with Group Manager you could make groups if all else fails....

For instance:
Make a group called "air" with the prefix AirBender. That is, if you want that prefix for the group.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
lol, PK already has full essentials chat support.

Go to /plugins/ProjectKorra/language.yml and set Chat.Enabled to false.

Then in your essentials (chat) config, you can use {Element} or {ElementColor} to show a player's element or element color. The prefixes shown in {Element} are the same ones defined in the language config file, so if you want to change them, change them there. ;)

S0LIX

Verified Member
lol, PK already has full essentials chat support.

Go to /plugins/ProjectKorra/language.yml and set Chat.Enabled to false.

Then in your essentials (chat) config, you can use {Element} or {ElementColor} to show a player's element or element color. The prefixes shown in {Element} are the same ones defined in the language config file, so if you want to change them, change them there. ;)
didnt work :(

Attachments

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Can we see the the config for the language.yml and your essentials config.yml? Only the areas that include the prefix options. The entire configuration is in no way necessary.

S0LIX

Verified Member
Essentials config:
# A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
ops-name-color: '4'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.
nickname-prefix: '~'

# The maximum length allowed in nicknames. The nickname prefix is included in this.
max-nick-length: 15

# When this option is enabled, nickname length checking will exclude color codes in player names.
# ie: "&6Notch" has 7 characters (2 are part of a color code), a length of 5 is used when this option is set to true
ignore-colors-in-max-nick-length: false

# Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
change-displayname: false

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
# The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
#change-playerlist: true

# When EssentialsChat.jar isn't used, force essentials to add the prefix and suffix from permission plugins to displayname.
# This setting is ignored if EssentialsChat.jar is used, and defaults to 'true'.
# Do not edit this setting unless you know what you are doing!
#add-prefix-suffix: false

Lang. Config:
Chat:
Enable: false
Format: '<name>: <message>'
Colors:
Air: GRAY
AirSub: DARK_GRAY
Water: AQUA
WaterSub: DARK_AQUA
Earth: GREEN
EarthSub: DARK_GREEN
Fire: RED
FireSub: DARK_RED
Chi: GOLD
Prefixes:
Air: '[Air]'
Earth: '[Earth]'
Fire: '[Fire]'
Water: '[Water]'
Chi: '[Chi]'
Nonbender: '[Nonbender]'

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Essentials config:
# A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
ops-name-color: '4'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.
nickname-prefix: '~'

# The maximum length allowed in nicknames. The nickname prefix is included in this.
max-nick-length: 15

# When this option is enabled, nickname length checking will exclude color codes in player names.
# ie: "&6Notch" has 7 characters (2 are part of a color code), a length of 5 is used when this option is set to true
ignore-colors-in-max-nick-length: false

# Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
change-displayname: false

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
#change-playerlist: true

# When EssentialsChat.jar isn't used, force essentials to add the prefix and suffix from permission plugins to displayname.
# This setting is ignored if EssentialsChat.jar is used, and defaults to 'true'.
# Do not edit this setting unless you know what you are doing!
#add-prefix-suffix: false
This is not the essentials chat config. It's in the SAME place though. You need to scroll down a bit until you see a boarder thing that says ESSENTIALS CHAT

S0LIX

Verified Member
This is not the essentials chat config. It's in the SAME place though. You need to scroll down a bit until you see a boarder thing that says ESSENTIALS CHAT
chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
# Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
# Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
# Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
# You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
# Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
# For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
#format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
# Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
# Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

This is all I have under Essentials Chat

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Okay so that's where you're going to want to put the ranks. Like what Strange said. In the paste you provided it says:
# Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
So to make it have element names you could do this:
Code:
Default: '{ElementColor}{Element} {DISPLAYNAME}:&r {MESSAGE}'
Keep in mind I haven't tried this my self. Personally if I were doing this I'd want to create each individual group using PermissionsEx. Just seems a bit more easier to maintain to me.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Okay so that's where you're going to want to put the ranks. Like what Strange said. In the paste you provided it says:

Code:
Keep in mind I haven't tried this my self. Personally if I were doing this I'd want to create each individual group using PermissionsEx. Just seems a bit more easier to maintain to me.
Yeah, this is correct ^

S0LIX

Verified Member

Code:
It didnt work...
I know this is a lot to ask but is there any pre-made element and rank pex config file????

thanks if someone links it
alternative options to fix would be awesome too!

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It didnt work...
I know this is a lot to ask but is there any pre-made element and rank pex config file????

thanks if someone links it
alternative options to fix would be awesome too!
If you have different ranks in PEX, you have to specify what rank each player is displayed as in chat. The example above is for the "default" rank that players get. If it doesn't make sense, I suggest looking at come EssentialsChat or PEX group tutorials. :)

S0LIX

Verified Member
If you have different ranks in PEX, you have to specify what rank each player is displayed as in chat. The example above is for the "default" rank that players get. If it doesn't make sense, I suggest looking at come EssentialsChat or PEX group tutorials. :)
confused lol