• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ElectroManipulation (Fire)

Would you like to see this in Project Korra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vidant829

Verified Member
Idea: ElectroManipulation would be an ability for Firebenders that when selected, will allow them to control redstone from a configurable distance.

This will be done by holding shift while aiming at a piece of redstone or a machine that runs on it to set up a path of sparse, white firework spark particles. When left clicked, the stream of white particles will become blue and will grow in number as the redstone being targeted at will gain a charge if it were off and lose a charge if it were on. This will last for a configurable amount or until the Firebender left clicks once again to convert the charge back into a path or shifts to dissipate the charge and path.

Add-On
  • An add-on to this ability would be the capability to work on living mobs with damage scaling over time with the type of armor they are wearing as well as liquids and metal based blocks that would be able to conduct a charge meaning that if used as a medium, multiple pieces of redstone and or machines that run on it will be able to be powered at once.
  • This connecting to the previous add-on, if a Firebender has the ability selected while being effected by it, they will be able to redirect the damage they would have taken in the form of a more powerful stream of electricity.

Usages-

Practical: This ability would open up an incredibly large range of possibilities for redstone creations as it will allow Firebenders to manually manipulate electronics from a distance.

Offensive: This ability would give Firebenders a more tactical way of attacking their target as it would be more efficient to use a medium to transmit the charge created opposed to doing so directly at where the path the electricity would go in would be highly visible.

Defensive: This ability could be used to set up various traps and defenses that would be able to be operated from a safe distance.

Examples:

upload_2014-11-10_15-32-39.png
(This is an example of Republic City using Firebending citizens who can manipulate electricity to power their generators.)

upload_2014-11-10_15-50-50.png

(This is an example of Mako conducting a stream of electricity into Amon while being blood bended.)

upload_2014-11-10_15-52-31.png

owlcool

Verified Member
I like this idea, although the name could be changed. The suffix manipulation is used a lot and is pretty long, how about electrovolt?

vidant829

Verified Member
I like this idea, although the name could be changed. The suffix manipulation is used a lot and is pretty long, how about electrovolt?
I'm glad you liked it but I'm hesitant on changing the name because then someone else may request the same.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I do believe I have seen a similar suggestion to this in the past, I cannot remember who posted it or which name it was posted under.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I've seen this in an earlier post, I'm sure. But this thread is more detailed and actually quite better then the other one :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And yes, I think the name should be changed... I hate it to bind watermanipulation to my slots and lightningmanipulation is even longer...

owlcool

Verified Member
Why would you want to manually control redstone? Redstone is all about automating stuff...
You would want to do this so that you can make traps only firebenders could activate quickly. This would be useful in something like factions, opponent chasing you, use this move and drop them into lava. Stop using it and it will close in on them. A bit more useful then just extending red stone because you won't always know where you will be. That is why this move is useful. You just need
image.jpg

Moonelight

Verified Member
I love this move. Conduction should be the moves name. I support this 100% and hope it gets added!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.