• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthspike (Raiseearth addon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Earth having not a lot of attacks, and honestly I do agree. In a negative tone, with the amount of work being put into other elements Earth just might end up being the weakest element. This makes me, and most likely others in this community want to fix it. While reading other suggestions on raise earth, it made me want to contribute to it a small bit :)

Earth spike

This move will (if added) be the only defensive-offensive move on an Earthbender's arsenal, because of its dual effectiveness on both. This sadly can only be seen as a rip off of ice spike, but for Earthbenders I know it'll help a lot :)

The way it works: Upon selecting earthspike, if you look away from any earth bendable blocks, (that you would cause a wall to rise that is) hold shift, then release (in about a second) it'll raise short pillars of 2x1 all around you, dealing upward/backward knockback to whatever it hits.
Now if you were to hold it longer, the amount of spikes will decrease and the size and damage (not to mention the knockback) will increase. For another example, this one would be after 3 seconds.

And THIS one would be after 5.

These pillars won't be summoned suddenly and will raise out of the ground just like how raise earth is, and so have to be collapsed manually. LVL 1 should do a heart of damage, LVL 2 should do two hearts, and LVL 3 would do 3.

Possible questions:

But what if I want to use LVL 1 and use LVL 2 instead on accident? The smoke particles should increase in number as each level increases would be the easiest way to tell which number you are on.

Seems too OP, convince me? Considering most people don't get too close to earth benders except chi blockers, there are defensive capabilities that are listed below. LVL 3 would take 5 seconds until it's ready to raise, so it'd be completely the enemy's fault for running into such a slow move.

When would it even be useful?
1) Would provide last minute defense against chi blockers, an Earthbender's greatest enemy.
2) Can block attacks from close range benders
3) Will make it difficult for anyone to come close in general

All the damage and warm up times, of course, will be configurable

Please leave thoughts and opinions below ^^

CANON EXAMPLE (sort of)

EDIT: If you left click while still holding shift, a single spike of that level will rise where you are pointing. (range of 6 blocks by default).

EDIT 2: In avatar state the damage, KB, and number of spikes increase, and the warm up will lower. And if possible, each lvl's size will decrease

EDIT 3: Avatar state warm ups: LVL 1 = 0 (a single tap), LVL 2 = 2, AND LVL 3 = 4.

EDIT 4: IT SHOULD BE IT'S OWN MOVE

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Earth having not a lot of attacks, and honestly I do agree. In a negative tone, with the amount of work being put into other elements Earth just might end up being the weakest element. This makes me, and most likely others in this community want to fix it. While reading other suggestions on raise earth, it made me want to contribute to it a small bit :)

Earth spike

This move will (if added) be the only defensive-offensive move on an Earthbender's arsenal, because of its dual effectiveness on both. This sadly can only be seen as a rip off of ice spike, but for Earthbenders I know it'll help a lot :)

The way it works: Upon selecting raise earth, if you look away from any earth bendable blocks, (that you would cause a wall to rise that is) hold shift, then release (in about a second) it'll raise short pillars of 2x1 all around you, dealing upward/backward knockback to whatever it hits.
Now if you were to hold it longer, the amount of spikes will decrease and the size and damage (not to mention the knockback) will increase. For another example, this one would be after 3 seconds.

And THIS one would be after 5.

These pillars won't be summoned suddenly and will raise out of the ground just like how raise earth is, and so have to be collapsed manually. LVL 1 should do a heart of damage, LVL 2 should do two hearts, and LVL 3 would do 3.

Possible questions:

But what if I want to use LVL 1 and use LVL 2 instead on accident? I think smoke particles of that will increase in number as each level increases would be the easiest way to tell which number you are on.

Seems too OP, convince me? Considering most people don't get too close to earth benders except chi blockers, there are defensive capabilities that are listed below. LVL 3 would take 5 seconds to raise, so it'd be completely the enemy's fault for running into such a slow move.

When would it even be useful?
1) Would provide last minute defense against chi blockers, an Earthbender's greatest enemy.
2) Block attacks from close range benders
3)Make it difficult for anyone to come close in general

All the damage and warm up times, of course, will be configurable

Please leave thoughts and opinions below ^^
I love EVERY SINGLE WORD of this suggestion. Wanna know what really made me like it? That you made it so that the longer you hold shift, the stronger it is which is an AMAZING concept that would be AMAZING for many future moves.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I love EVERY SINGLE WORD of this suggestion. Wanna know what really made me like it? That you made it so that the longer you hold shift, the stronger it is which is an AMAZING concept that would be AMAZING for many future moves.
So much positivity!!! Thank you for such great feedback :D

Jaye

Verified Member
I like this, it's something I have been thinking of a very long time ago. I love the idea that charging it makes it stronger. Left clicking to throw someone up with one spike would be nice. Also, its kinda like EarthLaunch in the TLA Mod (EarthLaunch is a better name in my view).

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I like this, it's something I have been thinking of a very long time ago. I love the idea that charging it makes it stronger. Left clicking to throw someone up with one spike would be nice. Also, its kinda like EarthLaunch in the TLA Mod (EarthLaunch is a better name in my view).
Edited :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I was thinking, this would be better as its own individual move. It would give us the capability to be able to raise individual spikes too.

And I know close up combat for earth isn't very good atm, so being able to raise individual spikes from a distance away gives Earth the boost it needs.

Beygirl

Verified Member
As @Fly said, I agree about it being its own move, since this might be too much to add on to an existing move. But otherwise, I love this idea! I want this move :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.