• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthShelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstivland89

Verified Member
I'd love to have more really utility earth moves, particularly moves that don't necessarily need to revert. So taking inspiration from the blockbender mod, I think a great move would be one that allowed an earthbender to bend a small shelter around them for survival purposes. It seems to me like it would work best to just spawn the earthblocks around you, versus raising them from the earth like raiseearth, but I'm not a coder :)

upload_2015-3-11_18-43-17.jpeg

Adamskii6

Verified Member
Raising them work work but spawning them would just seem and look strange.

Anyways I love little details and abilties that aren't really 100% necessary but if you want to use them, they are there.

I kinda like this idea but it needs further development.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
I feel this would be very cool as an earthgrab addition. I know I've seen a thread somewhere about what I am talking about, I'm just a little too lazy to go find it.

Something like:
Earthgrab shift -> Earthgrab shift (places a "roof" over the grab) -> Earthgrab shift (whole thing undoes itself)

However with the use of lavaflow it would be extremely OP to be able to do it on enemies. So let's stick with just yourself.

I apologize if I am copying someone else's idea, in fact I know I am. Just give me a shout and a link and I can remove post, edit link in, or whatever you prefer.

Mstivland89

Verified Member
^ that I like

And with the spawning thing; if you see how blockbender does it, it staggers the layers of earth and adds particles so it looks as if it's rising from the earth; it doesn't just appear.

Also I wonder if it's possible to make it an out-of-combat only thing. probably not without other plugins. But yeah certainly only useable on yourself.

Mstivland89

Verified Member
Well I'd rather it not be a sustained move, just a permanent one. If we do only usable on yourself, then we don't need to worry about lavabending because anyone stupid enough to go in there deserves a hot bath :p

paliate

Verified Member
I feel like this has been recommended many times.
At this point just make a wall around yourself and sleep, theres not much of a point for a shelter anymore.
I think that this has been seen, in tent form and in a ball. It has also been suggested, I just dont see this really making a difference at all.
Not to mention this thread was poorly executed.

Mstivland89

Verified Member
It's for immersion's sake if anything. And what do you mean, poorly executed? What does that have to do with whether or not it's a good idea

Tenket

Verified Member
It's for immersion's sake if anything. And what do you mean, poorly executed? What does that have to do with whether or not it's a good idea
In the ocean of ideas, execution matters. Its the difference between saying:
a) He's a stinky poo brain
b) That person is an idiot.

They both mean the same thing but one makes you sound like an idiot too.

Matt

Verified Member
I'm already coding a new raise earth with optional revert and size customization (and verticle walls), so this should be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.