• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthCombo: EarthSpear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I have a suggestion for an EarthCombo which could be really cool to have implemented.

Name: EarthSpear

Description: Combo: RaiseEarth (right-click) > EarthBlast (tap sneak) > EarthBlast (hold sneak) > EarthBlast (left-click). Launch a large, long, thin and sharp rock straight forward at high speed to deal great damage.

How it could work: RaiseEarth (right-click) should be used on a block of earth, EarthBlast (tap sneak) should also on an earth block. EarthBlast (hold sneak) is where the charging of this ability comes into play and after while particles will emit from the players. EarthBlast (left-click) finally releases a row of earth blocks forward (probably about 7 blocks long) at high speed from by the player. This ability is designed to be very piercing and because of its shape, should definitely have long range (around 40 blocks default, which is not actually that far for the length of this ability). Its direction cannot be manipulated once launched, so neither the earthbender that launched it nor another earthbender can redirect it or stop it, and can only hit one player, dealing about 9 damage (4.5 hearts), which is appropriate for an ability like this. EarthSpear could have a cooldown of about 10 seconds default.

The point of this ability is full-on, high impact, piercing, precise single-target damage. It's great to target enemies far away because of its range. Due to its charge time, being one block thick and only moving in one direction at one angle, EarthSpear must be timed and aimed extremely well in order to hit, so it requires a great amount of skill to be effective. These features balance out EarthSpear well and make it something I can see worthy of being implemented.

I hope this ability is considered because it would be really cool to see how earthbenders can use it in their EarthCombo. If anyone has any suggestions on how this ability could be improved I'd be happy to read so we can work together to make a fantastic addition for earthbenders and in this plug-in. Thank you for reading. :)

Zafkiel

Verified Member
maybe a bigger cooldown like 15 sec ? and a bit less damage like 8 (4.0 hearts) just to make it less OP ^^

Zafkiel

Verified Member
and make the combo more difficult because i think he is too simple for a lot of damage and precision

Migsel

Verified Member
I think it would be cool if you could adjust the angle of how it would shoot out. Also, how would it look like?

Kwesi

Verified Member
maybe a bigger cooldown like 15 sec ? and a bit less damage like 8 (4.0 hearts) just to make it less OP ^^
Factors like damage and cooldown would be made configurable, so whether you'd like it to deal 8 damage (4 hearts) or a cooldown of 15 seconds, it is fine.

Damage with some techniques is highly relative to how effective it will be. You could kill someone in a matter of seconds with an ability like EarthBlast, but EarthSpear, although, deals more damage by default, would take a lot longer. Plus, in an active battle, this ability is really not so straightforward to execute AND deal damage, because the target is usually always moving, if you miss you have to wait for the cooldown (in that situation 10 seconds will feel a lot longer), and it would take 3 of these attacks exclusively to actually kill the target.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think it would be cool if you could adjust the angle of how it would shoot out. Also, how would it look like?
The idea is that the angle at which EarthSpear will be launched would be from the angle the player aims when they execute the ability, after that it is not meant to be manipulated anymore. Using EarthSpear effectively relies greatly on timing and precision.

Imagine about 7 blocks of earth connected in a row as one piece traveling at high speed.

Migsel

Verified Member
The idea is that the angle at which EarthSpear will be launched would be from the angle the player aims when they execute the ability, after that it is not meant to be manipulated anymore. Using EarthSpear effectively relies greatly on timing and precision.

Imagine about 7 blocks of earth connected in a row as one piece traveling at high speed.
Would the spear stop at a point or just keep going until it hits something?

Kwesi

Verified Member
and make the combo more difficult because i think he is too simple for a lot of damage and precision
Combo formulae should not be made too complex. The reason I suggested it like that was because it seemed logical given the mechanics of earthbending in this plug-in. Plus, when wanting to use it when you see an opportunity it shouldn't be made too inconvenient. I think there's a certain line between being skilled to use it and it just being too impractical in situations in which it could be really great to use. However, I understand your point, but I'd think this ability isn't simple to use in any way. It's very thin and linear.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Would the spear stop at a point or just keep going until it hits something?
I think it should have set range, so if it does not impact something it would disappear, but the range should be made quite far for this ability, because that is designed to be its most advantageous factor in most situations.

RedAlert

Verified Member
I think the range is too far, I dont know any ability that can reach that far, so you could just snipe people with this

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think the range is too far, I dont know any ability that can reach that far, so you could just snipe people with this
Combustion is a firebending ability that is fired, can reach very far distances and explodes on impact by default. Combustion is frequently used as a sniping ability. The fact that EarthSpear could be used as a sniping tool is also a main point. I support sniping: they take longer to hit the enemies, which gives targets plenty of time to dodge and to see it coming. They are also good for reaching the players that hide on higher levels to escape a fight. These players will stay permanently out of reach so they cannot be hit by attackers and if their hunger bar is full enough, can regenerate as much health as they want. I think it's important to have a long-range ability that is deemed most useful in situations like that.
I think this move is just a little op
Well in what way would you describe it as OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.