• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthCombo; EarthCrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey there,

Whatever, let's just start straight away.

Name: EarthCrush
Type: Combo
How it works: First, the earthbender would perform EarthGrab on another person/entity. Then, they perform the following actions. ShockWave (Start Sneaking) > ShockWave (Left Click) > EarthBlast (Release Shift) > ShockWave (Left Click). After performing this combo, the walls of the EarthGrab would crush together, damaging the entity in the EarthGrab. All blocks would break/fall (maybe using FallingBlocks) after 1.5 seconds. After the blocks have disappeared, the victim would be launched upwards a few blocks.

The combo formula should be quite long, because it could be considered quite an OP combo.

It would also discourage earthbender to simply spam EarthGrab, and it would encourage them to perform the combo, so they can instantly deal damage + the EarthGrab would disappear after that.

Hope you like it, please leave opinions in the comments.

- Finn

Last edited:

NinjaK

Verified Member
Hey there,
Name: EarthCombo
I'm gonna assume you meant for the name to be EarthCrush.
Other than that, Earthgrab works by left clicking on another entity. And what you are implying here, is that they are holding down shift while doing all this, meaning they would have to use it on themselves because shift with EarthGrab surrounds yourself.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm gonna assume you meant for the name to be EarthCrush.
Other than that, Earthgrab works by left clicking on another entity. And what you are implying here, is that they are holding down shift while doing all this, meaning they would have to use it on themselves because shift with EarthGrab surrounds yourself.
Yeah sorry about the name, changed. And I just realised that other thing too, sorry! Let me change a few things. :)

Hero

Verified Member
Hey there,

How it works: First, the earthbender would perform EarthGrab on another person/entity. Then, they perform the following actions. ShockWave (Start Sneaking) > ShockWave (Left Click) > EarthBlast (Release Shift) > ShockWave (Left Click). After performing this combo, the walls of the EarthGrab would crush together, damaging the entity in the EarthGrab. All blocks would break/fall (maybe using FallingBlocks) after 1.5 seconds. After the blocks have disappeared, the victim would be launched upwards a few blocks.

The combo formula should be quite long, because it could be considered quite an OP combo.

It would also discourage earthbender to simply spam EarthGrab, and it would encourage them to perform the combo, so they can instantly deal damage + the EarthGrab would disappear after that.

- Finn
Changing the length of a combo doesnt get rid of the fact its op

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Changing the length of a combo doesnt get rid of the fact its op
It does. For example, let's take AirSlam. (And let's take as an example it deals 8 hearts when used)
If the AirSlam combo would be a lot longer, would it be OP? No, because you have to perform the combo really fast if you still want to be aiming at your opponent when you're done performing the combo. Then had the chance to run away then. And if you gotta do it fast, the chance you'll fail will be bigger.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Hey there,

- Finn
So I'm estimating that this combo does 2.5 hearts...
It's an interesting idea Finn, but I'd say that it needs a long cooldown (You didn't state the cooldown) and to be honest, I don't see why it launches people into the air; you were literally getting crushed by earth, why do you get launched by earth after the walls crumble away?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So I'm estimating that this combo does 2.5 hearts...
It's an interesting idea Finn, but I'd say that it needs a long cooldown (You didn't state the cooldown) and to be honest, I don't see why it launches people into the air; you were literally getting crushed by earth, why do you get launched by earth after the walls crumble away?
Well, I was imagining it a bit like this

\ /
\ *person* /
So it would damage, then before it would crush you, it would throw you out. I guess it could be a config option.
And a cooldown is kind of self explanatory. Almost everything has a cooldown.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well, I was imagining it a bit like this

\ /
\ *person* /
So it would damage, then before it would crush you, it would throw you out. I guess it could be a config option.
And a cooldown is kind of self explanatory. Almost everything has a cooldown.
I don't see how the combo would throw you up though, as it doesn't involve the earthbender actually raising the earth under you. When the earthgrab crumbles around you, it crumbles. I think it'd take another earthbending action for the person to pop up.

Also, here's a picture for your thread explaining the the crumbling of earthcrush

Drawing skillz 2 op

Status
Not open for further replies.