• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBuilding (add-on to raise earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
earth build would be apart of raise earth. Raise earth has the option of either being permanent or temporary in config, but it would be nice if you could use raise earth in battle or in wild and have to go away, then be able to use it while building.

If you shift on a raised earth wall for a certain time, you should be able to move it around and have it be permanent.

Shift or click to raise earth --> hold shift on risen earth column --> move while holding shift --> release for it to be permanent, or click for it to return to its spot.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Sounds like you are suggesting that earthbenders be able to move earth around and place it where they can? Sort of like the Ark building mechanic. This also sounds like Earth Manipulation but as far as I know that only moves 1x1 earth blocks and not a body of earth.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
yeah, but instead of adding a new move to the earth benders already massive list, it would only improve raise earth

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't see how the code would be able to detect a Raise Earth wall rather than a normal wall, mountain side or terrain though.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
release for it to be permanent
See, there were I have problem with that. If I left my server revert option to on, that means I want no one to grief (- that's an anthonym word) my area with raiseearth - it becomes a pain for me to clean the battlefield everytime breaking this walls down. This just gives off access to earthbenders to what they shouldn't by the owner's restrict. I find your feature unnecessary.

Last edited:

samson Galvin

Verified Member
because i would like to be able to build permanent walls or have earth bending to help me build my house, but then also be able return to its original place after using it against a player or mob

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
but then the wall won't be able to revert when I am using it against players or mobs
Then leave it on? Seriously, be decisive. Wanna make it non revertable? Set it to off. Wanna make it REVERTABLE? Set it to on. You do realize that this feature of yours brings essentially the same thing, except it gets activated by the player (and my question that idea, why would owner want to have both of these things?)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I to have both options in game, thats the whole point of this suggestion
According to you, you want to have revert option set to off and the "release for it to be permanent" enabled. With that said, you are basically asking is "I want to have walls set to be revertable, but I don't want them to be revertable" < Where's the logic in that?

The "release for it to be permanent" is unnecessary, because the revert option exist. If you want to raiseearth walls to stay temporary, you set "RevertEarthbending: " to true. If you want walls to stay there forever, you set "RevertEarthbending: " to false.

Last edited:

samson Galvin

Verified Member
Some walls should be revertable and some not. The player gets to choose. It makes a lot of sence and i shouldnt have to explain it this many times

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Some walls should be revertable and some not. The player gets to choose. It makes a lot of sence and i shouldnt have to explain it this many times
Your ideas supports anti-griefing (aka. over-building stuff that is harassing staff, which suppose to be forbidden action): earthbenders would start moving around walls, thus leaving them non-vanishing, giving admins or moderators hard time clearing up places with spammed columns/walls that hold bending spars/combat, such as an arena.

Last edited:

samson Galvin

Verified Member
it would be optional, not mandatory. And I suggested it because i know many server pwners who would love to be able to build with earthbending with out having to turn the revert off and then turn it back on when they want it to be

Status
Not open for further replies.