• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthBlast/EarthShard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
We all know how earthbending list can be really cluttered with custom abilities, which makes believe "earth has too many moves". Now, I'm not complaining about the addon myselfs, but just saying they can be real mess in a list if they aren't organized in a less-wasteful way (I'm very picky when it comes to duplicate stuff then merged :) )

Now, cut to the chase and speaking of EarthShard, players tend to install it on the server and I'm myself included do love it (shoutout to @Coolade and @jedk1). Thought, one thing I can't help but wish is that I rather see it as an extention/combination with the stock ability - EarthBlast, which existed in a official rather as a custom modified form. Now, how do I want it to go about? Here's how! (Read below...)

As an animation for EarthBlast
Now I know that this was requested numerious times before, but I wanna this put out again-- I think it would be cool If the block raised and fired out in a earthshard animation. It's canon and really fits how this ability was portrayed in terms of physics usually by benders in the show. The Boulders were always jut bounce up from the ground and hover there for a few moments before the bender "kick" or "punch" them away. An observable and common you can see is from watching probending matches episodes.

However, the animation shouldn't trigger when (while a 'check' is done if..) there is an occupying block above your sourced block, because that of course would conflict and may cause aesthetical glitches, like clipping.

Small things (changes)
While I like to see the core ability to display the animation and mechanics of ejecting multiple blocks (more details below), I don't think it should shout out multiple blocks simultaneously. Rather, let it fire one by one per punch (like how you would with a raiseearth's wall). At least that's how it was portrayed in the show.

Whenever a player wants to eject a another block, while keeping the first one up, the bender should right click the source. For the third one, sneak it. I'm incorperating this method, so that controls are more intuitive: If a player accidently sourced a wrong block, he could change it via with a sneak tap on a other block.

~~ That will be all. As always, share feedback whenever you like this, disagree on something or just have questions regarding this suggestion ;) ~~

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
This is already a suggestion and I believe it's being looked into, so I will deny this due to it being a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.