• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.

EragonRider

Verified Member
Move Name: Earth Spin (or Twirl, same thing)

Element: Earth

Description: This ability was used by Lin when her bending was first restored by Avatar Korra and when Avatar Korra was beginning her battle with Zaheer at the Red Lotus Sanctuary thingy.... The concept is to raise pillars of earth (RaiseEarths in this case) and twirl them around you. Once they are spinning quickly enough, the bender may slowly begin to throw them. As the pillars get closer to the target, they gain speed. They can be blocked by the main attacks like FireBlast, AirSwipe, EarthBlast, WaterManipulation, and most other main attacks like such (IceBlast, IceSpike, EarthSmash, AirBurst, Lightning, Shockwave, and click-FireShield), but are like Torrent, as they cannot be redirected, and they can go through multiple players. If the Earth Spin collides with a block (ice, dirt, lava, etc.) it will not explode, but will create a fog-like explosion of particles that are only meant to blind you, like Toph did when fighting occasionally. They cannot be redirected when they are being shot, but they can be placed down when they are twirling around the bender using Collapse by another earthbender. Then again, the mist that appears if it hits a block can be a configurable feature to get rid of lag. If the bender uses metal for it, the damage could be increased (configurable?).

Gif (I made it :D):

Last edited:

Beygirl

Verified Member
I think it's a cool idea. But, when you said "it can be blocked by the simplest of attacks" can you expand on what moves in particular?

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Its like three EarthSmashes at once that spin around you, I would see it as an Avatar State EarthSmash combo. Nice suggestion!

Elias

Verified Member
It was suggested already as something like an earthsmash add-on and I still wanna see it made :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Gif (I made it :D):
Dat face of hers at the end (as if shes holding her fart) lol

Lets not forget she was in the avatarstate ,so an ordinary earthbender wouldnt be able to spin all of them at one time.
I suggest that earthbenders (not in avatarstate) cound only spin one pillar at a time. And the combo should tale longer to perform

Last edited:

Beygirl

Verified Member
Dat face of hers at the end lol

Lets not forget she was in the avatarstate ,so an ordinary earthbender wouldnt be able to spin all of them at one time.
I suggest that earthbenders (not in avatarstate) cound only spin one pillar at a time. And the combo should tale longer to perform
How about this: EarthBlast (Hold shift) > EarthSmash (Left click) > Wait for earth to start spinning around you > Shockwave (Left click to fire)
You would hold shift during the entire combo, and then you would release it after the combo is finished.

EragonRider

Verified Member
I like the idea with only one pillar. I think that if the prodigy thing is added though, that bender should be able to have multiple. And when I said it can be blocked by the simplest of moves, I meant most any moves. I will update it now.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Dat face of hers at the end lol

Take*

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ummm... Guys, try to stay on topic please.
The moves is great ,but i prefer it as a combo (maybe you need to pull earthsmash boulder, then switch to shockwave and hold sneak to spin them). This will include with a none avatar a longer chargetime(it must have if it doesnt already) to start spining those pillars around and only spin&shoot a pillar one at a time.

Beygirl

Verified Member
The moves is great ,but i prefer it as a combo (maybe you need to pull earthsmash boulder, then switch to shockwave and hold sneak to spin them). This will include with a none avatar a longer chargetime(it must have if it doesnt already) to start spining those pillars around and only spin&shoot a pillar one at a time.
How about this: EarthBlast (Hold shift) > EarthSmash (Left click) > Wait for earth to start spinning around you > Shockwave (Left click to fire)
You would hold shift during the entire combo, and then you would release it after the combo is finished.

Loony

Verified Member
I really like the idea of this move, but that might be because I love earth combo's :p
I think it would be a pretty cool combo.

6tijn

Verified Member
I don't liek the idea of it being 3 earthsmashes. I think like 3 to 5 1x1 blocks spinnign around you would be better.
Like, usefuller for regular players in regular fights (not avatar combo stuff)

paliate

Verified Member
This has already been suggested and denied.
(I did read this over again, and i don't really see much of a point. What does it do that can't already be done? spin?)

Status
Not open for further replies.