• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Earth Shift

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I am posting this on behalf of of @Angel Cano.

Earthshift is a move where you grab the earth underneath ones feet and rotate it, turning them around 180 degrees. This was used by Kuvira in The Legend of Korra in her FIRST battle with Korra.

Here is a video of the move in the show. *GO TO 2:19*

And as far as how it's activated, I think it should be Shift+Click. We see Kuvira get in a lower stance to achieve this ability. Basically it would work like the click version of Earth Grab but instead of "grabbing" them, it rotates them and, as a result, disorientates them.

Please leave improvement ideas on the idea belowwwww

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would like If the user him/her-self would be required to do quick 360* scope turn. Kuvira didn't trust her hand, thus I do not think LMB (- for short: left mouse button) should be a requirement.

P.S This reminded of what Toph did in her brawl to other earthbenders.

Perhaps an earthbender with a left click, could rotate a whole chunk (16x16) with a chargetime ofc, with the animation of the blocks pushing and shifing counterclockwise (or clockwise, If righted clicked).

Oh and something had been already suggested: http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthspin.3016/#post-40306

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I don't really think this is that useful being as players can just turn back around in 0.3 seconds. On top of that, I'm not sure if you can change a players direction smoothly, it might just look choppy

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Wouldn't it be possible to mind-control/force the player to move the cursor round-ways? That's the only method I can think of.

Loony

Verified Member
Wouldn't it be possible to mind-control/force the player to move the cursor round-ways? That's the only method I can think of.
lol no I don't think you can move a players curser around. The only way I can think to do it is forcefully moving the players direction (where they're looking) but that's an instant thing; you'd have to do it over and over bit by bit until you've spun them round so I don't think it'd look that great

JettMC

Verified Member
lol no I don't think you can move a players curser around. The only way I can think to do it is forcefully moving the players direction (where they're looking) but that's an instant thing; you'd have to do it over and over bit by bit until you've spun them round so I don't think it'd look that great
It would be a very nice Ability :eek:oo

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It would be a very nice Ability :eek:oo
He means it wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing (AKA It wouldn't look good), which I agree with. If there's no way to have a players PoV rotated 180 degrees SMOOTHLY, then don't do it. If your direction was immediately just "teleported" too look the other direction, that wouldn't look very good.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I honestly care for the looks. However, Loony might have a point over "
I don't really think this is that useful being as players can just turn back around in 0.3 seconds.
"

Afterall, maybe the movement is not the same as in the show/irl vs in-game. Also, not to mention by adding the tripping/clumsy effect that Korra did by almost falling down. :p