• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth: Raise-earth upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekoshiba

Verified Member
In ATLA and LOK the most seen use of Raise-Earth is seen being used as a mobility-stopper/Heavy attack, So what I suggest is added functionality for Raise-earth:

Raise-Earth currently:

- Left click raises a single pillar
- Shift raises a wall

Raise-Earth (With my changes):

- Left click raises a single pillar
- Shift raises a wall
- (Hold) shift and click sends a smaller, fast-moving wall at an enemy (Can be slightly redirected or "curved"), It stops if the earth beneath it it not earth-bendable, reverts -much- faster than the other raise-earth features, and has a moderate cool-down.

Attachments

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Great idea, I absolutely love this and it would add another use to a pretty basic move.
My only question is how would you curve it exactly.
Is it like redirecting other moves such as EarthBlast ? (you click again and again to change it's trajectory)

Kwesi

Verified Member
Great idea, I absolutely love this and it would add another use to a pretty basic move.
My only question is how would you curve it exactly.
Is it like redirecting other moves such as EarthBlast ? (you click again and again to change it's trajectory)
It's possible. There's a custom ability called EarthLine that uses those mechanics. It is honesty this suggestion in real form.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I was thinking at EarthLine but they will have to increase the curve factor of it :D
I reckon it shouldn't be too increased. I think earth abilities shouldn't have too much of a curve factor to them; I think it should be something pertaining to water abilities for that kind of diverse dynamic.

6tijn

Verified Member
It sounds great :). But I don't think redirecting is really necessary, since it's a wall, so a bit wide. (redirectable moves mostly have a small surface.)

Adam

Verified Member
I like the idea, this would make raiseearth an offensive move! Or just add a lot of knockback

6tijn

Verified Member
A knockback would be great! Then, earthbenders can easily created more space between himself and his opponment. Water has torrent(release shift) and surge, Fire has fireburst, air has airblast etc. Maybe the wall could decrease in height when being launched at the player to add some realism. A wall that abdruptly dissappears may look weird. c:

Adam

Verified Member
No, I just posted on DragonStuff's post about this exact idea of raising a wall and then firing it as an extension to RaiseEarth :p
Then it's a step forward!Considering it's a "looking into" thread already!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This could be a GREAT earth combo!!:)

Name: uhh... EarthStrike?._.

How to use:
click with raiseearth (to raise the pillar as well), hold shift with shockwave, switch to raiseearth (still shifting), click with raiseearth (still shifting).

Then, the raiseearth pillar will collapse 2 or 3 blocks and will be shot in the direction you clicked. I really like the "curve" idea since you are the first one with it. Well, I hope you mean what I think :p

I really love your idea!

6tijn

Verified Member
Sounds as a good earthcombo to me. I think Earth maybe needs more combos isntead of new moves, since if a move needs its own slot you can't use all moves. But if there are only 9 moves and by combinating them creating others is more practical I think. Then you can use all your abilties, instead of being forced to use only 9 because there are only 9 slots.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Sounds as a good earthcombo to me. I think Earth maybe needs more combos isntead of new moves, since if a move needs its own slot you can't use all moves. But if there are only 9 moves and by combinating them creating others is more practical I think. Then you can use all your abilties, instead of being forced to use only 9 because there are only 9 slots.
I think it could work as an EarthCombo myself, so I agree with you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.