• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth idea

Should it be added?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • After some tweaking...

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning_XI

Verified Member
This would be a passive, since its adding onto raise earth. It could have its own move but I feel like that'd be a waste.
With this passive, much like icespike, you can shift WITHOUT a source and it will raise multiple pillars around you. I think this would look amazing as well as give a more earthy feeling when fighting around them. It can be configurable how many show up and how far they can go from the user, and I think if its in avatar state it should raise extra pillars that are much larger. Possibly 2×2 pillars. Although raise earth already has a use for the shift button, this can still work due to the fact you don't have to select a source. I can't really find an example at the moment, but I will edit this asap with a picture or video. Thanks!
(EDIT: It can also have a cool down, much like icespike.)

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I don't see any practical applications for this that Raise Earth and Earth Grab don't already have. Also, making is passive is prone to irritate some players considering a lot of moves already have shift commands, including Earth Grab and Raise Earth. If you plan to make it so you can use it without binding a move, this kind of misses the point of being passive.

owlcool

Verified Member
So what is this actually for? All I got from it was it was for earthbenders to have unlimited earth. Probably wrong, this argument is just trying to add a op move for earthbenders if that is actually true.

Chen

Verified Member
The concept designer post specifically says, 'we try to create moves that don't mimic other abilities'
This mimics another ability.

V

Vidcom

The concept designer post specifically says, 'we try to create moves that don't mimic other abilities'
This mimics another ability.
This guys has basically said what I was going to say anyway, so I won't waste space saying it again. However, I am going to waste space in saying that you shouldn't be downhearted at this! Your suggestion is in line with the show and would be fairly realistic :)

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
This would be a passive, since its adding onto raise earth. It could have its own move but I feel like that'd be a waste.
With this passive, much like icespike, you can shift WITHOUT a source and it will raise multiple pillars around you. I think this would look amazing as well as give a more earthy feeling when fighting around them. It can be configurable how many show up and how far they can go from the user, and I think if its in avatar state it should raise extra pillars that are much larger. Possibly 2×2 pillars. Although raise earth already has a use for the shift button, this can still work due to the fact you don't have to select a source. I can't really find an example at the moment, but I will edit this asap with a picture or video. Thanks!
(EDIT: It can also have a cool down, much like icespike.)
This would have to use a different mechanic as to how it is used, if it is considered.
You can use raise earth walls by looking in the general direction and shifting, not looking at the ground. You can test this by standing at a focus point in a field, and looking strait instead of at the ground and taping shift all around you, to create a circular wall.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Marked as denied because of the similarities between this move and an existing one. (EarthGrab)

Status
Not open for further replies.