• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Earth) EarthSmash Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
The idea I'm asking for isn't all that simple, but I feel it's needed it.
Make it so if you try to create an EarthSmash under you, effectively launching you in the air quite a distance up, the EarthSmash won't appear under you.
Instead, it'd appear in front of you.
There's a couple of reasons for this

1) It doesn't fit Earth's "Style" There really wasn't anything similar in the show of what Earthbenders can do with EarthSmash. It really makes Earth more like an Airbender since pretty much have an airblast jump.

2) It's OP. That's right, it IS OP. Firstly, the EarthSmash Damage itself is 2.5 hearts (or at least 2 hearts). That's a quarter of your health gone. Then you have the Earthbender being able to Shockwave you if you're close enough. Another 2.5 hearts gone (It can even hit twice sometimes if you're close enough and you don't have the reflexes or the mobility moves the dodge the second coming). Then you have some Earthblasts, and chances are if you got hit by the shockwave, you're not THAT far away from the Earthbender (Unless you got hit twice).

3) It's way easier to hit an EarthSmash in the air than compared to launching it from ground level. Just adds on to the OPness of the move.

Earth isn't going to die from this nerf. It will lose ability to do CRAZY amount of damage - provided if you're close enough - very easily. I highly doubt EarthSmash was made to do. EarthSmash will still be very rewarding- you can block a good amount moves (Though the earthsmash shield isn't AS godly as something like surge shield) while also dealing a solid blow. The only thing Earth will really be missing is the Airblast Jump it should've never had.

IStackerI

Verified Member
The idea I'm asking for isn't all that simple, but I feel it's needed it.
Make it so if you try to create an EarthSmash under you, effectively launching you in the air quite a distance up, the EarthSmash won't appear under you.
Instead, it'd appear in front of you.
There's a couple of reasons for this

1) It doesn't fit Earth's "Style" There really wasn't anything similar in the show of what Earthbenders can do with EarthSmash. It really makes Earth more like an Airbender since pretty much have an airblast jump.

2) It's OP. That's right, it IS OP. Firstly, the EarthSmash Damage itself is 2.5 hearts (or at least 2 hearts). That's a quarter of your health gone. Then you have the Earthbender being able to Shockwave you if you're close enough. Another 2.5 hearts gone (It can even hit twice sometimes if you're close enough and you don't have the reflexes or the mobility moves the dodge the second coming). Then you have some Earthblasts, and chances are if you got hit by the shockwave, you're not THAT far away from the Earthbender (Unless you got hit twice).

3) It's way easier to hit an EarthSmash in the air than compared to launching it from ground level. Just adds on to the OPness of the move.

Earth isn't going to die from this nerf. It will lose ability to do CRAZY amount of damage - provided if you're close enough - very easily. I highly doubt EarthSmash was made to do. EarthSmash will still be very rewarding- you can block a good amount moves (Though the earthsmash shield isn't AS godly as something like surge shield) while also dealing a solid blow. The only thing Earth will really be missing is the Airblast Jump it should've never had.
I disagree, Coming from an earthbender myself; earthsmash is in the plugin, because it was kinda like the second to main ability to the show. Yes, it does lots of damage but there is a config to edit the move's properties. While on the other hand I can see where you are coming from, but making this suggestion is kinda pointless when you can edit the ability yourself. and It does fit earth's style, but people use it in different ways. ^

SuperBower118

Verified Member
you can edit the ability yourself.
Having to go to the config is not an option for a "fix". We're talking that this should be in the default config, nothing being needed to be changed.
but people use it in different ways. ^
It still makes no sense for earth being able to have the ability to effectively launch themselves up in the air high enough for a shockwave, while also having a large and particularly damaging projectile when the only time the move is mobility based is when you're flying with the actual boulder itself. Using the move as a catapult should not be apart of the move itself as for it's just way too OP.

IStackerI

Verified Member
Still, Earthbenders in the show sometimes didn't even have to jump high enought to make a shockwave. They either jumped an amount to make the shockwave powerful or a little amount to cause some damage and big knockback. Which is the main shockwave is made more. Same for earthsmash.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Still, Earthbenders in the show sometimes didn't even have to jump high enought to make a shockwave. They either jumped an amount to make the shockwave powerful or a little amount to cause some damage and big knockback. Which is the main shockwave is made more. Same for earthsmash.
That's still not an excuse for EarthSmash to be ridiculously OP with EarthSmash. While Earthbenders CAN make a shockwave from the get-go without jumping, if that was added, then there'd be a MAJOR balancing problem. Not everything from the show can be fit into the plugin. The show is mainly used as a reference point, or something to draw ideas from. Not a pool of different moves / abilities that are unbalanced.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree that earthsmash shouldn't be like a flying rock version of firejet, but I can imagine a protest that might come from the fans of this move if it's flying was removed, lol. I do still think the boulder should work out as a earth wave or something a like, or throw out the mobility part and make a separate earthbending transportation ability.

Hero

Verified Member
*cough* *cough* earthbenders still have catapult *cough*
The very fact that you are complaining about how "OP" EarthSmash is doesn't show why this is a problem. This is really just a config fix.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
*cough* *cough* earthbenders still have catapult *cough*
The very fact that you are complaining about how "OP" EarthSmash is doesn't show why this is a problem. This is really just a config fix.
There is the possibility of a skilled earthbender bringing an EarthSmash with them, I know. I just feel like fixing THAT can come later.

Green

Verified Member
Why does EVERYTHING have to be cannon?!?!?! I mean it's not like riding on an earthsmash would be sooooo difficult. Just because it wasn't show exactly in the show doesn't mean it couldn't be done. You people need to be more creative!

Yatabo

Verified Member
I suggest that you should be able to add a config for it like:

EarthBlast
Ride: Yes/No

That way some servers can still use it, while people who don't like can remove it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why does EVERYTHING have to be cannon?!?!?! I mean it's not like riding on an earthsmash would be sooooo difficult. Just because it wasn't show exactly in the show doesn't mean it couldn't be done. You people need to be more creative!
Cannon? I think you meant 'canon*' but I'm not sure. Actually, for your information everything must be canon to a degree that you are sure that an bender can do it by comparing it similarities to other lively performed technique. Lifting an earth peace and riding on it like a helicopter for me is a little bit too silly for me. Lifting a piece, than riding it in one direction or vertical position seems to me that would be a logical earthsmash ride. Other option would be to make it travel only along the touching ground.

Sosy13

Verified Member
It doesn't fit Earth's "Style" There really wasn't anything similar in the show of what Earthbenders can do with EarthSmash.
With a big boulder, various movements could be performed in the show. Although they weren't shown, it doesn't mean they were impossible to do. Thats what i think

Green

Verified Member
This thread is just trying to limit earths abilities. So let's think about this, in the show if an earthbender wanted to make a big rock come up under-neath them they could. It wouldn't pop up in front of them instead. Even if it might not be exactly "earths style" doesn't mean it couldn't be some earthbenders style. All benders are different.

AND by the way, catapult is a move where an earthbender would make a pillar below there feet launching them. So technically they are the same concept. EXEPT earthsmash is bigger so really you should be launched higher.

Hero

Verified Member
This thread is just trying to limit earths abilities. So let's think about this, in the show if an earthbender wanted to make a big rock come up under-neath them they could. It wouldn't pop up in front of them instead. Even if it might not be exactly "earths style" doesn't mean it couldn't be some earthbenders style. All benders are different.

AND by the way, catapult is a move where an earthbender would make a pillar below there feet launching them. So technically they are the same concept. EXEPT earthsmash is bigger so really you should be launched higher.
Someone give this man a medel.

Status
Not open for further replies.