• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Earth) EarthSmash Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make this short and simple.
Why do Earthbenders get to ride their EarthSmash Boulders? There is no other answer than it's illogical. No body was seen riding any piece of Earth 20 something meters into the Air. In the game, it allows for and creates a tedious cycle in battle, where the earthbender will earthsmash, then ride it diagonally, then charge up another smash when they're falling. Or the Earthbender shockwaves should get too close. It's illogical, it's broken, and it clearly doesn't fit the way how Earth was portrayed in either regular bending, or even probending. My suggestion is to make it so people can't ride earthsmashs in the default config.

With that done, something like earthride replacement should create for the lost of the mobility. If you're interesting, you can look it up in my suggestions.

Or make earthsmash like an earthsurf ish. So like how the earthsurf is but an earthsmash.
Just leave earthsmash as it is, but prevent it from being launch while the user stands on it (or it should shoot out alone). Sprinting should activate and keep the earthsurf active until the user stops.

Fuzzy

ProjectKorra leaves this open for individual servers to configure. All things listed, height, duration, charge time, ect, are able to be configured to how bending managers (People who alter the configuration) portray the ability. I do not believe removing the flight aspect of EarthSmash in the default configuration would be best to show off what ProjectKorra has to offer. Suggestion denied, but thank you for your input!

I do not believe removing the flight aspect of EarthSmash in the default configuration would be best to show off what ProjectKorra has to offer. Suggestion denied, but thank you for your input!
That argument is kinda... ehh. Sure, earthsmash is awesome, but wouldn't that make unfair to get rid off airblast sourcing but not this one? If you're removing airbenders power to fly like superman, why should earthbenders have the advantage over that instead?

May I remind you, Earthbending is about being rooted to the ground; airbenders is about evading. How does this in-game logic will portray the whole bending aspect from the avatar universe? What you said is exact opposite to what it projectkorra should offer.

ProjectKorra leaves this open for individual servers to configure. All things listed, height, duration, charge time, ect, are able to be configured to how bending managers (People who alter the configuration) portray the ability. I do not believe removing the flight aspect of EarthSmash in the default configuration would be best to show off what ProjectKorra has to offer. Suggestion denied, but thank you for your input!
Really, the only thing that this "shows off" is the fact that ProjectKorra can't really stick with balance or logic, and especially regarding the plugin correlating with the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.