• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Armor (Metal Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
The title of this thread might make you think of all the other posts about making a metal version of earth armor. I would like to say that this is slightly different, and would be an add-on to earth armor, not a completely different move. Also, don't forget to comment with your thoughts on this add-on. Thank You!

Element: Earth (Metal)
Name: No new name, just an add-on
Used For: Defense
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds

How To Use: Shift while looking at iron door/iron block
Description: If you are a metal bender, and you shift while looking at an iron block or an iron door, the iron will surround you and become armor. This is a stronger version of earth armor as it gives you Resistance I along with an Iron Chest Plate and Iron Leggings. Once the ability has worn off, you armor will turn back into an iron block/iron door, and return to where you originally used it from.
Why this Should be Added: I think this add-on is needed in the plugin because metal benders are low on moves, and this would be an add-on only available to metal benders. The iron armor would be stronger than earth armor, therefore more useful, however the iron block/iron door is harder to find than just a dirt block. Iron Blocks can be crafted and place around a base, easy to use for defense, and iron doors can be casually places instead of regular wooden doors. (Metal Benders can open iron doors without the need for levers or buttons, so this would put an extra need for iron doors to metal benders)
Visual:

Last edited:

Jaye

Verified Member
I think the duration should be short, because then EarthArmor has a 17.5 second duration time, then you have the spamming, if its going to stay at 17.5 seconds, then put a 20 second cool down. Or you can minimize the duraton to 10 seconds, then cooldown will be 12.

Hartford15

Verified Member
I was just about to suggest this using the same source and all. I think the iron armor should last a little armor but if there is a way, change the amount of of protection it supplies. This will also be useful when a move is finally made that you can metal bend with your armor. You could apply the metal armor and then also be able to use one of your attacks for a short time. Su did the exact thing in that episode

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
A lot of people were making suggestions on that one, and I kind of lost track, so I wanted to make a new thread that was more organized, maybe help people to understand it better, I also added a few things that weren't in that last one.

I think the duration should be short, because then EarthArmor has a 17.5 second duration time, then you have the spamming, if its going to stay at 17.5 seconds, then put a 20 second cool down. Or you can minimize the duraton to 10 seconds, then cooldown will be 12.
I will do my best to integrate these into the original post. Thanks for the suggestions :D
I was just about to suggest this using the same source and all. I think the iron armor should last a little armor but if there is a way, change the amount of of protection it supplies. This will also be useful when a move is finally made that you can metal bend with your armor. You could apply the metal armor and then also be able to use one of your attacks for a short time. Su did the exact thing in that episode
I do really like that idea, however I wanted this thread to be more about how you can use this move for protection, rather than anything else since I've seen so many posts about how you should be able the fuel other metal bending moves with metal armor. It's a nice idea though :)

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Yours is involving iron pressureplates, that of which isn't as appealing and would be creating its own move. This however is an addition to eartharmor that would be built into the metalbending permissions. :p
I'm glad you see the point, and thanks for support :D

Dylsnake

Verified Member
Putting the duration of how long the armor stays on for in the config could enable the server owner to choose how long it stays on for on his/her server

Janny

Verified Member
I don't care what anyone says. This is a brilliant plan and would be an amazing add-on to metalbending. Canon too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.