• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth And Air Passive Nullification

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
I'm going to talk about the passives of earth and airbending, as everyone knows :
Earth has the passive of not taking damage on any earthbendable block
Air has the passive of not taking damage on all blocks

This makes sense because it has been shown in the show, but there's one important part that has quite possibly been overlooked. It is the fact that they can't always be able to just nullify fall damage every single time.
You get hit by a torrent, a wave of water blasted at you, and would you think you won't take any fall damage.
You don't take fall damage, no matter what hits you, and that undoubtedly doesn't make sense.
Imagine this : An airbender falling from the sky, he or she would be in a stance to hold that fall damage, not just :
*Falls on the grounds with just legs* and just continues walking normally, you would need that passive bending on, which means, a stance, and you shouldn't be able to hold that after being hit by a move strong enough to stop you from that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems like a small thing, but it definitely will end many so-called "annoying" things
Like, airburst or shockwave spamming, no one likes that one person who just has nothing better to do and wants to lag annoy people by jumping around randomly and airbursting the area, with this nullification capability it would make earth and airbenders think twice before just hopping around.

It helps the bending battles a lot, hard hitting moves that nullify the air and earthbenders' passive would make sense, like making them fall on their backs, which makes sense, to let them suffer fall damage.

Airblasting or catapulting on other people would now have a risk if you do it with them, you would also suffer with your enemies. if they so happen to hit you with a hard-hitting move

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are a few moves that make sense to just nullify their (air and earthbenders) passives

2 Watermanipulations
Torrent
Surge (Wave)
Octopusform
Iceblast
Icewave*
Icebullet*
Watersmash*

2 EarthBlasts
Shockwave (Clicked)
Earthsmash
(Earth lacks offensive moves, so i couldn't find any)

2 Fireblasts / 1 Charged fireblast
Fireburst (Clicked)
Combustion
Lightning
Firekick*
Jetblaze*

Airburst (Clicked)
Airswipe
Airpunch
Flight
Airsweep*

The nullification effect would most likely last for 2-3 seconds, as it is mostly the time the earth and airbenders stay airborne

EDITED INFORMATION :
The information here is found in this thread
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/replace-airbending-no-fall.3555/page-2

Of what people have said that i think should be put in this thread too
Now for both of you. Orion, Zaheer did jump off cliffs but you could see him airbending as he fell. That and he was totally aware of his surroundings. I don't get it that airbenders can get bit by a f*cking boulder while falling, lose focus, and still hit the ground unharmed. It doesn't make any sense. Ontop of that, if you have good reaction time, then this will most likely mean almost nothing to you. Airbenders weren't designed to go airblastjumping 20 meters up in the sky from the get-go in the show. If they could do that, then the Airbender Genocide probably would've been a failure for the Fire Nation.
I played Air Myself and Air Blasting around is one of the most OP things ever.

Almost dead? Airblast out

You don't even need that great of a reaction time for this, just more precision than an automated system, you haven't even tried it and your already complaining it's underpowered, when in reality - that's just like the show. They had to do it themselves with great precision and control. Not a BS automatic system

Anyway, even if it gutts the no fall passive (which it will not if your decent) then they can buff a few other things in exchange?

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
We have a diabatte like about 2 instances for one of those benders to get or not to get fall damage. The final conclusion decition ended up by the pk staff decition, leaving the benders with the passive "no damage" thing on how it already were.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
I don't mean taking away their no fall damage completely, only on certain instances where they are hurt with a hard-hitting move to let them "fall on their backs"

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't mean taking away their no fall damage completely, only on certain instances where they are hurt with a hard-hitting move to let them "fall on their backs"
Not being mean or anything, but I still think they are gonna deny this by that reason. I don't really care about those two passives being always active or not, so I can't give you any feedback on this suggestive move.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
So the reason they're going to deny it is because of the thread's reason for creation itself and how it doesn't make sense?

promancer

Verified Member
So the reason they're going to deny it is because of the thread's reason for creation itself and how it doesn't make sense?
So what you 're saying is that almost every move will make the passive useless. This is a HUGE utility for air/earth. You should try to use the search bar, as this has been denied multiple times.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
Not every move, to be honest i'd let the developers decide which moves cause the effect since i do know how useful of a passive this is for earth and air

promancer

Verified Member
Not every move, to be honest i'd let the developers decide which moves cause the effect since i do know how useful of a passive this is for earth and air
Still, this passive is a must, but this makes it near useless. Things in the plugin will differ from the series, it has to be playable for every element, not every element except air.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
You'll need really good aim and focus, and speed to execute the ability to stop the passive, i mean can you imagine an airbender just chilling and spamming airblast to go 50 feet high and repeatedly use airburst and making others have a bad time?

promancer

Verified Member
You'll need really good aim and focus, and speed to execute the ability to stop the passive, i mean can you imagine an airbender just chilling and spamming airblast to go 50 feet high and repeatedly use airburst and making others have a bad time?
Vs watercamping, earthblast under your feet, rapid firecombos, chi is death at close range. What is the counter buff for this?

Hero

Verified Member
Vs watercamping, earthblast under your feet, rapid firecombos, chi is death at close range. What is the counter buff for this?
Enough with the counter buffs. This is why elements are overpowered because you people are always trying to find a "counter buff" to fix things. Sometimes in games, you just needs to get rid of something. This whole counter buff crap defeats the whole purpose of even getting rid of something in the first place.

promancer

Verified Member
Enough with the counter buffs. This is why elements are overpowered because you people are always trying to find a "counter buff" to fix things. Sometimes in games, you just needs to get rid of something. This whole counter buff crap defeats the whole purpose of even getting rid of something in the first place.
The thing is, that puts air at a ridiculous disadvantage and makes Airblast jump useless, which turns air into an easy kill element, since it doesn't have high damage or defence compared to every other element.

Hero

Verified Member
The thing is, that puts air at a ridiculous disadvantage and makes Airblast jump useless, which turns air into an easy kill element, since it doesn't have high damage or defence compared to every other element.
Um......a majority of the moves in air have either no or very little cooldowns be default. Dont get me started on how people can fly with airblasting all the time. Getting rid of this passive will not put air in a disadvantage and if anything will help people on actually taking the time to learn air instead of people just flying.

promancer

Verified Member
Um......a majority of the moves in air have either no or very little cooldowns be default. Dont get me started on how people can fly with airblasting all the time. Getting rid of this passive will not put air in a disadvantage and if anything will help people on actually taking the time to learn air instead of people just flying.
You can't "fly with airblast" without already having good reflexes, which means you're already good with the elements. Taking the time to learn air is having really good timing, and putting moves in when an advantage presents itself, and keeping away during cooldowns (which are configurable, aswell as damage).

Hero

Verified Member
You can't "fly with airblast" without already having good reflexes, which means you're already good with the elements. Taking the time to learn air is having really good timing, and putting moves in when an advantage presents itself, and keeping away during cooldowns (which are configurable, aswell as damage).
no or very little cooldowns be default.

Status
Not open for further replies.