• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Dynamic RaiseEarth

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Inspired by this thread: http://projectkorra.com/threads/charging-moves-new-concept.3335/
Although, it already suggests how RaiseEarth works, I disprove of making it bigger and thicker (or at least from a default start), but since I can't comment on it - I have to make a thread dedicated to what I believe in and you can't blame me for that, can't you? ;}

Anyway, suggestion:
The Longer you hold sneak, the (gradually) bigger it becomes. So at the start, If you tap sneak, this would create by 2 high ~ 2 width wall. If you continue or start to hold the sneak while looking at the wall, in a second it would grow to 3 high ~ 3 width wall. The Maximum could be the default one or the one given in that thread.

Reasons:
Don't get me wrong, I do like how big it is (*resists to not make "size doesn't matter" inuendo*), but I feel it's unbalance and can turn out spammy when that humongous wall can be created within seconds. The Size does make up for standing up in defense aspect, but I do not think it should be that quick, but should just gradually into one. Let's not forget that Earthbending is "a distinct balance between offensive and defensive capabilities", not a complete dedicated defense element (whilst only Airbending should be).

ETA:

This would work kinda like the Tier system that Catapult not long ago introduced. As you go about shifting, the ability goes to next stage adding another layer to the wall. Not only does it makes it less irritating to fight the spammer and and giving a chance for the opponent to overjump their gradually increasing defense, but it gives the intuitive/flexible options for an earthbender to create a wall at any (smaller below max) size.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
Inspired by this thread: http://projectkorra.com/threads/charging-moves-new-concept.3335/
Although, it already suggests how RaiseEarth works, I disprove of making it bigger and thicker (or at least from a default start), but since I can't comment on it - I have to make a thread dedicated to what I believe in and you can't blame me for that, can't you? ;}

Anyway, suggestion:
The Longer you hold sneak, the (gradually) bigger it becomes. So at the start, If you tap sneak, this would create by 2 high ~ 2 width wall. If you continue or start to hold the sneak while looking at the wall, in a second it would grow to 3 high ~ 3 width wall. The Maximum could be the default one or the one given in that thread.

Reasons:
Don't get me wrong, I do like how big it is (*resists to not make "size doesn't matter" inuendo*), but I feel ituts unbalance and can turn out spammy when that humongous wall can be created within seconds. The Size does make up for standing up in defense aspect, but I do not think it should be that quick, but should just gradually into one. Let's not forget that Earthbending is "a distinct balance between offensive and defensive capabilities", not a complete dedicated defense element (whilst only Airbending should be).
Do you remember an addon move called earthrift? What if raiseearth was more like that where you can hold shift and the wall will follow your cursor growing, and also be used for offense.