• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Dragon Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Element: Fire.
How long it lasts: Same as EarthArmor.
How much it boosts fire attacks: 2.5 or 3.5, but if done next to another firebender doing the DragonDance, it will boost your firebending to 4.5 or 5.5, but can be configurable in the config file.
How it is used and what it does: Do /bending bind dragondance and you most do a certain dance/pattern for it to work, something like LShift, LShift, Jump, Left, Right, Jump, LShift, but can still be configurable in the config file. And what it does is that it will boost your fire attacks for the same amount of time as EarthArmor does. This isnt OP as you have to do a dance to get it to work and while your dancing, another player can attack you. If another player attacks you, and you keep doing the DragonDance, it will still work. If you do the Dragon Dance next to another player like Aang and Zuko did, both the firebender's firebending will boost higher than doing the DragonDance alone.
Video:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like it, but boosting attack by 2.5 - 3.5 damage is a little much. Firebending's fireblast by default does 3 damage plus fire damage. Boosting it by that much would leave a player at half health, and using it multiple times would leave other benders dead within seconds. Maybe lower the damage increment to make it so that people still have a chance when fighting? It's not like they're going into avatarstate.

Janny

Verified Member
I like it, but boosting attack by 2.5 - 3.5 damage is a little much. Firebending's fireblast by default does 3 damage plus fire damage. Boosting it by that much would leave a player at half health, and using it multiple times would leave other benders dead within seconds. Maybe lower the damage increment to make it so that people still have a chance when fighting? It's not like they're going into avatarstate.
Well it IS configurable in the config file.

WeTitans3

Verified Member
I like the idea, but i would like to propose that you maybe take a second look at this Janny. I don't feel in it's current iteration that it would work well in-game. Sure, someone(s) could do the dance, but in the fast paced game-play of PvP (which I assume is how most play), I don't think it would get used, and even if it did, it would not be to the level or effectiveness of the show. What do you think?

Janny

Verified Member
I like the idea, but i would like to propose that you maybe take a second look at this Janny. I don't feel in it's current iteration that it would work well in-game. Sure, someone(s) could do the dance, but in the fast paced game-play of PvP (which I assume is how most play), I don't think it would get used, and even if it did, it would not be to the level or effectiveness of the show. What do you think?
You right and wrong, yes, fighting other benders is fast paced and if you do the DragonDance it would leave you vulnerable, but the dance shouldnt be long. And if its made into a long dance, then dont do it where you would be completely vulnerable when you do it.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Denied because it isn't practical. If you want some way to boost firebending, I'd recommend you find something in the new ProjectKorra (Items) plugin!

Status
Not open for further replies.