• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Double EarthSmashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
2:31 to 2:39
Kinda like a combo, but includes one ability only - earthsmash.

Hold Sneak to charge an earthsmash. While doing that, scroll through all the slots until you end up to the earthsmash bind again. This will pinpoint the location that it should erupt itself from far away distance, but still close to your targeted player. However, this would only work if any kind of player is in your line of sight.

For a better efficiency of this "combo", have your cursor focus on one of the sides of the player you're trying to kill/injure.

Now stop sneaking. Unlike doing this regulary, this won't lift up (i.e. create) an earthsmash but it will save up the location where it will later on after perfecting this combo.

Now repeat the same thing, minus the scrolling step (or not?), and have your cursor focus on the other/opposite side of the target. After letting go of sneak on a second time this will create two earthsmashes on those sides, leaving the enemy in between them. If you time this right before the opponent manages to dodge or leave the area, you can left click on him to allow two earthsmashes crush him and leave him/her stuck suffocating between those rocks.

ETA: Distance earthsmash would deal only 1 heart if two of them are created (I believe the same was applied for earthshard after people were over-abusing its power).

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Verified Member
You can already select/create more than one earthsmash, however, what you are suggesting I think may be a little too op for earth. There is also a similar ability called EarthShards that does what you are suggesting, only on a smaller scale. I think this would be harder to implement than it would be resourceful in game. Suggestion Denied, but thank you for your time and idea!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
How about a cooldown to this feature? EarthShard is a custom ability, and I want it to be in core, because I hate using things that aren't official. It is resourceful - you can suffocate players in earth/blocks, which is a lot easier then collapsing. We seen ton of times where earthbenders end up crushing, and I'll repeat - crushing their targets if they don't feel like throwing to knock them out.

You're welcome though.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
How about a cooldown to this feature? EarthShard is a custom ability, and I want it to be in core, because I hate using things that aren't official. It is resourceful - you can suffocate players in earth/blocks, which is a lot easier then collapsing. We seen ton of times where earthbenders end up crushing, and I'll repeat - crushing their targets if they don't feel like throwing to knock them out.

You're welcome though.
Meh. You can already create an army of earthsmashes just with the move itself, and that can get annoying fast considering each earthsmash does 3 hearts and they have a 3x3 hit radius. Being able to create two earthsmashs doesn't help with that matter, and if you're able to create them at a further distance away than you'd normally be able to create a normal earthsmash, then that's asking for too much.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Meh. You can already create an army of earthsmashes just with the move itself, and that can get annoying fast considering each earthsmash does 3 hearts and they have a 3x3 hit radius. Being able to create two earthsmashs doesn't help with that matter, and if you're able to create them at a further distance away than you'd normally be able to create a normal earthsmash, then that's asking for too much.
Distance earthsmash would deal only 1 heart if two of them are created (I believe the same was applied for earthshard after people were over-abusing its power).

Status
Not open for further replies.