• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dodging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Sooo, I was thinking about a new "move" that would be awesome to add, if it's possible, while I was playing Legend of Korra. The most interesting thing to me about the game is its fluidness (is that a word?). So, why not add it to PK? I was thinking about a dodging ability to benders and non-benders.
Controls: click (mouse wheel [if it's possible to code], while looking at a block)
Description: With this "ability", you would be able to dodge attacks, moving two blocks towards the the direction that was the block relatively to the player. The player can dodge three times in a row by default, with intervals of 0.5 seonds (?) before getting tired, and he/she has to wait two seconds before dodging again. Of course, all the variables should be configurable, but it would be nicer to keep a certain delay to prevent people instead of walking, just jumping and jumping throw the arena.
I hope this can be discussed to see its weak and hard point. Once again, I don't know if this is possible to code. If not...
(i couldn't find any GIF to help visualizing, sorry :eek: )

Migsel

Verified Member
I think it is a bit unneccesary because dodging manually takes actual practice and switching between moves everytime you have to dodge would be sort of annoying.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
A suggestion I recently read was pretty good, but perhaps something only chi should have; whenever you double-tap the right or left key, you would "teleport" two blocks that direction. Not sure if that's doable, but it's a cool concept nonetheless.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You can dodge using mcmmo plugin, but this seems like a good addition to this plugin itself. If this isn't able to be coded, you could do what mcmmo does. But that would be more of rpg. This seems good for core.

JhanJhan

Verified Member
I personaly don't care of this idea, due to the fact that its part of the skill of bending to be able to manually dodge as well as throw some punches, and I see this ability being abused by chi blockers, teleporting 6 blocks in 1.5 seconds is pretty good.

Kwesi

Verified Member
This was suggested before. The idea of dodging in that fashion seems unnecessary to me. Players rely on their own ability to move in a way that allows them to evade attacks. Not to mention, this dodging would be overpowered.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I don't think this should be added since its a shortcut for knowing how to PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.