• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dispenser/AirDispener/AirBow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Aang used his airbending to fling some coal (with the help of friends (for this particular plugin it isn't required) ) at fire nation soldiers. That gave me an idea for a new combo: it allows to rapid fire arrows without the need of bow and throw eggs and snowballs and precise pace and aim. This Combo is sort, so it could probably be a hidden one that isn't displayed on a /b d menu

To do that, airbender needs to hold sneak with AirSuction. After charging, switch to airblast while still sneaking. Then move the cursor anywhere (so that it doesn't point the same spot) and after that - let go of the crouch key.

With the successful activation, 10 or less (by the amount you have) arrows will be rapid fired, snowballs will be thrown with precise aim and speed or eggs. If you have all of these 3 items in your inventory, it will be randomized with 1 item of 3 being shot.

Dispenser/AirDispener/AirBow will have a 12.5 second cooldown.

promancer

Verified Member
Aang used his airbending to fling some coal (with the help of friends (for this particular plugin it isn't required) ) at fire nation soldiers. That gave me an idea for a new combo: it allows to rapid fire arrows without the need of bow and throw eggs and snowballs and precise pace and aim. This Combo is sort, so it could probably be a hidden one that isn't displayed on a /b d menu

To do that, airbender needs to hold sneak with AirSuction. After charging, switch to airblast while still sneaking. Then move the cursor anywhere (so that it doesn't point the same spot) and after that - let go of the crouch key.

With the successful activation, 10 or less (by the amount you have) arrows will be rapid fired, snowballs will be thrown with precise aim and speed or eggs. If you have all of these 3 items in your inventory, it will be randomized with 1 item of 3 being shot.

Dispenser/AirDispener/AirBow will have a 12.5 second cooldown.
This seems kind of trivial.
However it would be nice to have hidden abilities in elements that hint at moments in the series.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And I forgot to mention how did would look like.

When holding sneak and switching to air blast, this will create a floating small puff of air particles, just about where the players head is and the size of that, on his/her right. (This creates a suction point/end/tip)

After letting go of crouch button within airblast, this will create a funnel, connecting the suction point and creating an airblast end one block away and lower in height.

Overall, this construct will look like the exact thing that Aang made. I'll post a picture on how it looked.

I'm thinking it doesn't necesaary need to be coded for it to be curved around the bender. The Funnel could go just straight at the right side but still have the curving piece.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This seems kind of trivial.
To each their own. I kinda myself the potentiol of it. The Downside to it that arrows are deal damage, which doesn't follow the "no violence" rule of air nomads (in other words, other ability that is half sole for dealing damage), but then again I tell to myself, well they used obstactles as for kinetic damage, so it's kinda fair to give them another method to inflict damage utilizing other stuff than directly airswiping.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I understand where you're coming from but I don't really see it becoming useful personally. It could be used on servers that supply arrows for JedCore's DaggerThrow, but other than that I don't see myself using this feature. Even in survival. Maybe in the beginning it's useful but once you start wanting to enchant stuff...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The tunnel of air aang is making is airstream.
And what does it do with that air stream? Shoot coal of course. Don't know why are you trying to say here.
I understand where you're coming from but I don't really see it becoming useful personally. It could be used on servers that supply arrows for JedCore's DaggerThrow, but other than that I don't see myself using this feature. Even in survival. Maybe in the beginning it's useful but once you start wanting to enchant stuff...
You could use this for redstone contraption, such as hitting a painting with an arrow. I actually dk...

Janny, what do you think about this. I know there is your Air Passive, and I didn't notice it at the time I made this, but over this pretty much is the same thing. With airblast's aid, you would be able to catch/block enemies arrows and pick them up afterwards.

Green

Verified Member
I don't like how the combo activates, but I love the move idea. The combo definitely needs a click thing to it for example:

Airburst (Hold shift) -> Airblast (Release shift) -> Airblast (Rapidly click, up to 10 times)

paliate

Verified Member
stopped reading after the first 3 posts but, let me get this right.
you want an airbender to be able to throw stuff they don't have in their inventory or near them?

it seems rather unlikely, benders aren't exactly magic. they can't just poof in a thousand arrows on command.
and as for throwing items, you can actually move entities with airbending.

paliate

Verified Member
Should have been clearer that it means to be a necessity, but I thought it was obvious from there that I didn't need to clarify it.
missed that, but still don't think this is super needed.
nor would it be used in most servers since for the most part people usually fight in arenas.
where you cannot acquire arrows, currently.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Arenas aren't the only thing that people bend in. I seen some servers having bending fights in wilderness, so the focus should be directed to survival/wilderness gameplay too.

paliate

Verified Member
most servers
and yes, although i think this is fully possible to be done by an airbender i don't think its completely necessary in terms of use.
it seems more just like a fun ability that would be used for laughs and not for basic use.

abilties much like aang being able to spin marbles, meelo's fartbending, etc.
all cool things in their own rights but aren't completely needed. i don't know if that's just my personal outlook on moves like this but again, my opinion doesn't really mean anything. i could completely hate something, that doesn't mean its not going to happen.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While most servers used, I wish they stopped and put more focus in wilderness. Such as factions and what not.

I get that-- it is all your opinion. I never said you can't voice yourself, I didn't try to silence you. Neither did you say something wrong, so it's fine. However, you should take it into consideration that there are things that aren't used in the arenas as well, such as bubbles (pool's aren't that deep anyway), earthtunel, so it wouldn't hurt to add it since they too aren't "super deeper" if talking about arenas.

Last edited:

paliate

Verified Member
While most servers used, I wish they stopped and put more focus in wilderness. Such as factions and what not.

I get that-- it is all your opinion. I never said you can't voice yourself, I didn't try to silence you. Neither did you say something wrong, so it's fine. However, you should take it into consideration that there are things that aren't used in the arenas as well, such as bubbles (pool's aren't that deep anyway), earthtunel, so it wouldn't hurt to add it since they too aren't "super deeper" if talking about arenas.
yes, there are useless abilities but that's exactly why we don't need another.
this move won't change focus from pvp to survival, that's for everyone to decide for themselves.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You use it to activate any redstone mechanism or simple contraptions that require item-entities to be shot at, so there is this one survival aspect you can find for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.