• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Discussion On Element Types

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello! I would like to say my opinion in the different types of bending in the plugin. It does not include Chiblocking. 1 is the strongest, 4 is weakest. Basically, I am grading them on how good they are against other players and mobs. Keep in mind, these are the elements with the default config settings.

1. {--=Fire=--}
I think that fire is the strongest type of element in the plugin. Although fire has weak defense, it doesn't really matter because of Firebending's destructive offensive abilities. For example, you could be throwing many WaterManipulation's but a firebender kills you before it matters how low they are on health. Fire is the element power.
-Weaknesses:
  • Little defense
  • Takes fall damage
  • Chance to burn more than just entities
-Strengths:
  • Very high offense
  • Well-rounded mobility
  • Attacks do more damage at day

2. {--=Water=--}
Water is my favorite type of bending, and I love how it was learned by the Ocean and the Moon Spirits, not an animal. Waterbenders let there defense become their offense or vice versa. So, really, waterbending is a mixture of defense and offense. With water you can send enemies far with a push of a wave or attack by submerging your opponent with a torrent of water. Water is the element of change.
-Weaknesses:

• Needs a source to bend from
  • Attacks seem useless in a small space
  • Hard to hit moving targets
-Strengths:
  • Attacks do more damage at night, even more under the full moon
  • Variety of abilities
  • Mix of offense and defense
3. {--=Earth=--}
Earth is pretty much balanced with offense and defense. Earth, unlike water, doesn't have many moves with high knock back. Earth is farther down on my list due to the slower mobility it has. Possibly the slowest out of all the elements. Earth is the element of substance.
-Weaknesses:

• Slow mobility
  • Straight-forward moves
  • Little knockback
-Strengths:
  • Little ccooldown time
  • Easily can create walls
  • Mix of offense and defense
4. {--=Air=--}
Air is nearly all defense. It was one attack move that does 1 damage/hit, but that move can be charge up to do more. Air was one of the best shield in the plugin. The shield blocks projectiles and forbids people to enter it. Also, with air, you are really fast. Air is the element of freedom.
-Weaknesses:

• Little offense
  • Moves are hard to control
  • Bad in bending battles
-Strengths:
  • Very high defense
  • Little cooldown time
  • Very high mobility
Okay, that's it. Like the title said, it's a discussion. If you don't like my list, post yours below and tell why. Thanks for reading. :D

Last edited:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Air can win fights by sucking opponents up into the air and killing them with falldamage, but that doesn't work on an earthbender in a plains biome, or a firebender skilled with firejet, or a waterbender in an ice biome

Migsel

Verified Member
Most airbenders just try to jump around and spam airswipe but some airbenders airblast around and charge airswipe. When it's charged, clicking first then letting go of shift makes it a 4 heart combo which can kick butt.

Immallama

Verified Member
I still don't believe that one element is better than others but I do agree with your weaknesses and strengths. Some people just play well with certain elements.

In my opinion, after seeing how powerful air can be in the hands of certain people (Zaheer) I definitely think air needs a new attacking move.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you account for EarthSmash then Earth has pretty good mobility and decent knockback comparative to Water.

I still don't believe that one element is better than others but I do agree with your weaknesses and strengths. Some people just play well with certain elements.

In my opinion, after seeing how powerful air can be in the hands of certain people (Zaheer) I definitely think air needs a new attacking move.
I almost finished a Suffocation ability but I have to put all coding on hold for the time being because I just moved.

KoshiKross

Verified Member
There should've be a level system for the element. The higher the level more move will be unlock.also I agree about the rating for the 4 element and there strength and weakness.
Also there should be more sub element to add more variety in battle and strategies.
May I also add that air is annoying in the neather where air bender push of into lava.

X_Eco

Verified Member
Water bending isn't hard to hit with.You can use torrent that can be redirected easily to hit mob/players.Im not sure if this is a glitch but I could control torrent as long as the water doesn't reach my cursor or hits a block beside water,but it was beautiful.

KoshiKross

Verified Member
it good for long range and it pretty but will you actually use it in battle 1v1?
anyway it's a good move for fighting with party but i wouldn't recommend in a small place.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There should've be a level system for the element. The higher the level more move will be unlock.also I agree about the rating for the 4 element and there strength and weakness.
Also there should be more sub element to add more variety in battle and strategies.
May I also add that air is annoying in the neather where air bender push of into lava.
There won't be a level system in this plugin. This is the Core! We may or may not put something like this in the RPG plugin, but it won't be in the core.

Faetriax

Verified Member
I agree with your list, but, overall, my favorite has to be Earth due to its two step combo including Catapulting into the air and switching to Shockwave before you hit the ground; also due to its advantage over waterbending moves. For instance, when used correctly, Shockwave can be the ultimate defense against the move Surge or the wave of Torrent; it can render the attack useless, thus giving time to plan your next approach. My next favorite has to be Fire. Though firebending, like you said, has extremely low defense, this becomes irrelevant due to its insane offense. For example, if another bender starts to charge you, using Blaze serves you greatly, and because of Blaze's short cooldown, you could fry your enemies in your sleep! Fire is definitely the strongest, when used correctly, but Earth is my favorite.

Chen

Verified Member
I have to disagree that Earth lacks mobility, as catapult is the perfect ability for traveling around, for me I can outrun a fire, water, and on some occasions an airbender.