• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Debating Section

xNuminousx

Verified Member
General Discussion is there to host topics that aren't related to the Projects.
There are general discussion forums in each plugin section (Core, Spirits, RPG, Items, etc). Since it's IN the core section, use the Core General Discussion forum to debate.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You do have a point. Though, people might not know that they could start one (it probably is still hard for newcomers to find appropiate section to post what they intend to). I think we/you/us should help engage more to that. Or that might not be an issue, considering that the forums ain't active today anyways so I' might be just purely speculating lol.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well a debate is a discussion so to me it makes sense that a debate for a certain topic would go in the general discussion for that topic. But I do agree a newcomer may not be as used to the forums to realize that and they may need some help. I agree we/me/you/everyone should jump start the whole thing.

Hero

Verified Member
(it probably is still hard for newcomers to find appropiate section to post what they intend to).
Adding a debate section to the website would do nothing but create even more hoops for newcomers to jump through to get their ideas across. I'm willing to think about why we should have one but right now it seems very redundant.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Off-random: I was thinking of there combining all the plugin suggestion sections into "Ideas" whilst splitting in to those subs or just creating "ProjectKorra" and cramping PK plugin sections in there. Thought that may be incovienent, do to a lot of clicking of opening a new one.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well I had the pk-rellated as debates in mind, but ok :D

I think too that sky isn't blue. It is bright blue! We Lithuanians use the term žydras for that color.
Didn't see you reply to that lol. But scientifically the "blue" sky is more of an illusion created by the sun. The "sky" itself doesn't have much color and the sky at night is closer to what actually looks like. If there was no sun then we'd be able to see more stars and even our galaxy.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can presume the same goes for solar eclipse, right? I never really encounter a full one, but by the depictions of visuals it seems like it to me.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I've never seen one before at all so I dont know what it looks like. I just know that there's a black dot in the sky lol. But even at night there is some light pollution from the moon and city lights (depending on where you live) so you can't see that many stars. That's why if you go way out in the middle of no where you would be able to see WAY more stars and even some cosmic clouds in the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Madocean

Verified Member
I think we 100% need a debate thread lol, regarding what the both of you have said about the threads, I highly agree that opinions on specific moves and such should be sectioned and organized optimally. However I consider the concept of a 100% open discussion to be necessary aswell. You can't really talk about the overall balance of all aspects of pk in the thread of a single move. Just doesn't make sense. White and I have a doc for concepts, we have TONS of material. We wouldn't have that if we didnt have a conglomerative idea board. Debate is similar to brainstorming in that, a multitude of concepts/ideas are thrown together, the difference being the elimination process which is what makes debate superior. The bad ideas are improved or scrapped, the good ones are further improved or just pushed forward in concept. But yeah I say this sort of thing is necessary for proper development :p

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This idea to me just seems like a more specific version of General Discussion or a clone of the Suggestions thread. I can have all the debates I wanted (off topic or not) in General Discussion and I can talk about ideas in Suggestions. Don't see the point in making the Debate Section but don't see the harm either. But let's be real here, the entire Project Korra website is basically a debate section lmao.

Madocean

Verified Member
This idea to me just seems like a more specific version of General Discussion or a clone of the Suggestions thread. I can have all the debates I wanted (off topic or not) in General Discussion and I can talk about ideas in Suggestions. Don't see the point in making the Debate Section but don't see the harm either. But let's be real here, the entire Project Korra website is basically a debate section lmao.
That's fair to say, I just feel like more 'officiated' conversations attract more officiated opinions :p