• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied DaggerThrow as a Stock ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea.

It's not like chi can't throw them, but it would add good offensive attacks that chi-s lack off. Also, arrows shouldn't be necessary required (like the smokescreen).

Last edited:

xNuminousx

We never really see the use of daggers by chi blockers. I'm not saying it was impossible, I'm just saying it may have not been their style. In the show, they often overwhelmed their target strategically and carefully rather than just blatantly attacking. I think something like a Net Throw would be much more beneficial to Chi.

Because I don't think a DaggerThrow was really true to a chi-blockers style in the show, I think Dagger Throwing would be best fit for Items or something.

xNuminousx

And I assume the Dagger Throw idea was captured from Mai's character in ATLA but she relied on Daggers, and Daggers only really. She wasn't a chi blocker, although she could have been if she wanted to learn.

For me, a chi blocker's projectile moves should be all about disabling. Like smokescreen disables sight and a netthrow would disable mobility. Then they go in for the attack rather than attacking from afar. TO ME, the attacks should be close ranged.

NickC1211

And I assume the Dagger Throw idea was captured from Mai's character in ATLA but she relied on Daggers, and Daggers only really. She wasn't a chi blocker, although she could have been if she wanted to learn.

For me, a chi blocker's projectile moves should be all about disabling. Like smokescreen disables sight and a netthrow would disable mobility. Then they go in for the attack rather than attacking from afar. TO ME, the attacks should be close ranged.
I think chi blockers can incorporate other nonbending styles of fighting. It's not impossible that a chi blocker would use daggers.

xNuminousx

I think chi blockers can incorporate other nonbending styles of fighting. It's not impossible that a chi blocker would use daggers.
I know... I said that:
I'm not saying it was impossible
I just don't think a chi blocker would have used them in this mode, as I said it may not have been in their style. We always saw a chi-blocker try to disable/overwhelm their opponent from afar and THEN go in for the "kill" or to start doing damage. We never really saw anyone of them shooting arrows, throwing daggers, throwing darts, or other modes of projectile damaging utilities. From what I got from the show, their style was to incapacitate their opponent then A) Take their bending B) Transport their body C) Run away D) Attempt to kill them.

Madocean

I know... I said that:

I just don't think a chi blocker would have used them in this mode, as I said it may not have been in their style. We always saw a chi-blocker try to disable/overwhelm their opponent from afar and THEN go in for the "kill" or to start doing damage. We never really saw anyone of them shooting arrows, throwing daggers, throwing darts, or other modes of projectile damaging utilities. From what I got from the show, their style was to incapacitate their opponent then A) Take their bending B) Transport their body C) Run away D) Attempt to kill them.
Ok so for one, carrying items shouldnt really be your concern in an arena. For two, again chi deserves a ranged move, but not a long ranged move, or a move like THIS.

So this is the one non-canon idea you'll ever hear me suggest but. I'd like to see chi make use of some sort of energy blast. It would be basically sorins firejab, but less opaque and more holographic looking, like ryus hadouken. Yes, I legit want chi to have a hadouken. :I. Considering airshield, fireshield, firespin, blaze, walloffire, airblast, fireblast etc all the moves that have knockback or essentially make a player intangible to chi. Chi 100% needs a ranged move to move out of a disadvantage. Chi is at a disadvantage 100% of the fight rn. NO element is at a disadvantage for 100% of a fight with another, not even earth vs fire... The ranged move should be SUBTLE but contributing to chi's kit drastically. Just to make fights 1:1. Chi would still have to earn its kills. It would just be actually fair. Again, yeah, the only thing I can't tackle with this concept is the un-canonness

NetThrow wasn't thrown by chi blocker either.

Energyblast? That makes no sense. You may as well give them waterwhip.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Madocean

Energyblast? That makes no sense. You may as well give them waterwhip.

It obviously makes a lot more sense than giving them waterwhip ._. I also touched on the fact that it was obviously non-canon... But again this is literally the only way to fix chi... Building on Numi's reply actually, A ROPE that SLOWS or stops movement temporarily or for the duration of its selection could work as well as a preventative measure against running. Chi shoots out a rope that sort of immobilizes the opponent (maybe giving slowness, generally disables walking or even pulling said opponent inwards). Something I'd like to note however is that this shouldn't interfere with bending. Or to a large extent at the very least.

Daggerthrow should fix chi blockers more in a logic sense. Chi blockers aren't Goku anime characters or sayian.

In a canon lore: bolas and electrical whips is the way to go. Both and smokescreen should either come in an item form or an ability that generates thoss items.

Madocean

Daggerthrow should fix chi blockers more in a logic sense. Chi blockers aren't Goku anime characters or sayian.

In a canon lore: bolas and electrical whips is the way to go. Both and smokescreen should either come in an item form or an ability that generates thoss items.

Daggerthrow wouldn't fix chi in a more logical sense minding actual gameplay mechanics, as physical projectiles like arrows are knocked away by every move in the game that deals damage, not to mention all the shields. Meaning chi still < everything. But yeah electric whipes/chi rope is the way to go.

xNuminousx

download (3).jpg download (2).jpg
The idea I was referring to doesn't HAVE to be electric, but in the second image you see them twirling like a nunchuck/Rope-Tie/Thing which they would throw at someones feet to render them immobile until they got them off. Sort of like handcuffs for your feet, although this could be thrown at your hands too.
In the same episode as the second picture, just moments before, the chi blocker used the same nunchuck/things at Naga (The polar bear dog). They threw the nunchucks at nagas feet which made her trip and flew Korra and Mako off her back. Can't find an image of that though.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Like mentioned above we don't see chi blockers using daggers, not to say that they couldn't but we know for a fact that a dagger to the body isn't chi blocking, its literally tearing muscle and flesh to impede someone which isn't chi blocker specific.

Denied (For organizational purposes aswell as the reasons above)

Status
Not open for further replies.