• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Current surge - "Meh!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I have thought of a reworked shielding (aka. "Surge") concept, and being a replacement of my horrible tweaked surge animation

Streamable Surge:
Shifting on a waterblock(s) (without left clicking after, during and before this process) and dragging it away from its watersource, will make a slinky curve shaped tubed without separating it from its original source. For example, like this canon scene (I know there are more of these but I can't find them, but I cant seem to find them):

With waterbottles ,instead, this would be tied to my SurgeWithDrag though out mechanic and tweaked to work only with them.
Bottles
  • Holding shift will shape it to the waterbenders will with the use of moving a cursor; left click to stop it and make the whole construct moveable (left clicking twice will freeze it).
  • The Current Mechanic of surge could even be depose from the plugin, since I think that would be better.

Regular Surge:
Instead of the usual act of a waterbender poofing surge out of thing air like magicians, let's make the ball thingy come out from the water realisticly. The Shape and Feature's of the current Surge will still retain in this technique, except that it would now require the user to drag it from its source. They will do it by left clicking the bendable source block than hold shift to drag the wall out from the water, where the bender is facing.

Note, that the current surge will have to be removed and tweaked into this one instead.

Cons (share your thoughts what cons would this dynamic of surge would have):
  • Will be hard when needing to drag water of a pool which is deep down, resulting the user getting of guard when camera is tilt alot or completely at the water of the necessarity in order to drag it.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
I think it would look cool, but that is just increasing a waterbender's dependency on being near water (which isn't always the case). I would prefer if you get water from a pool, it would increase in size or maybe in effectiveness.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think it would look cool, but that is just increasing a waterbender's dependency on being near water (which isn't always the case). I would prefer if you get water from a pool, it would increase in size or maybe in effectiveness.
Waterbottles?
I believe that the range of the shield away from its source can only be created in a short one, so I don't think this wouldn't influence even a bit of the so called watercamping dependecy.

I also would like to mention that with this dynamic, we could make the surge be temporal? no? It would make it unique to the other bending elemental shields and would stick up the the canon aspect. Ofcourse, in it's ice form, like how it was suggested by TheWaterSpirit, it will be an exception since it could be placed and be attached to the ground, supported.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I also would like to mention that with this dynamic, we could make the surge be temporal? no? It would make it unique to the other bending elemental shields and would stick up the the canon aspect. Ofcourse, in it's ice form, like how it was suggested by TheWaterSpirit, it will be an exception since it could be placed and be attached to the ground, supported.
That might have sounded unclear, so I'm clarify it just in case... when slashing/dragging the shield of a shape you choose, it shield after formed will stay there for a seconds (I think that's how it been show, unless it actually wasn't so correct me if I'm mistaken).

IceEyes

Verified Member
Love it. Surge looks very odd right now but this would make it wonderful again. I hope the pk team will try to make it and finally add a new move to one of the following updates :D.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I agree with this idea. As of now Surge's shielding function doesn't work the way it should based off of the show. Not only that, but it gives water a more fluid feel to it like it didn't have as much of before. I think this is a well-rounded idea as it is. Pulling water from somewhere and using it as a shield, watching the water slowly be drawn from the water source, would bring a nice new mechanic to waterbending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Kinda like the concept that one of my friends had wish was applied to the game. He will definitely be amazed once I'll show him this thread :3 As for waterflow, isn't it a jedk'1's combo that makes this big wave thingy that grabs players/mobs with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.