• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Community Management Error?

Do there need to be some improvements in the management of our community?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No, it's doing alright for itself now.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It isn't irrelevant. The topic at hand is about how we aren't keeping to our release dates, and I'm saying that this shouldn't be that big of an issue because you shouldn't be using betas in the first place. Also, what Chris said - we have been giving input.
The real issue really isn't about us not getting our Betas (which does suck too tbh but I get the situation you're in with that; that's for another thread). The issue at hand is the information you do give out is hardly dependable anymore... How can I trust any information when it could change at the last minute?

I remember back in JULY I was getting my fellow Minecraft players pumped for the 1.9 update because a DEVELOPER said it'd be coming out in "1-2 weeks" in the shoutbox..... Now here we are in the middle of February.... And ever since then, I've said NOT to use time stamps like that..... Yet you still continue to say stuff like
Hello everyone! We promised in our last post we would aim for an update every two weeks. We plan to stick to that promise.
Sorry for the delay in getting this post out
I am aware that we didn't stick to our previous release schedule but now that we have our work straightened out I would like to announce that we will be releasing a Core build every three weeks!
I'd also like to mention that I love how you removed that quote from the original post because it's not in it anymore.... Don't worry boo I still got it.

Hey you? Yeah you! What do YOU think WE here at ProjectKorra should work on next? Give a shoutout in the comments!
Community Management.... Please work on how you manage your community and how you get information out to us. Truly needs some work.

I support and believe in what @MeskenasBoii said 100%

Loony

Verified Member
Well then don't call them core releases in an update?
That's bad wording on Chris' part, but they are beta's.
Like, I'm not saying I disagree with the post, it's bad that we aren't sticking to our word but I'm just wanting to remind everyone that they are development builds. But what I will say, is that this is entirely down to Chris, he's the only one that decides to release.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Stable is the term you're looking for, @Omni, when referring to full fledge complete build and non-beta. Core means the main plugin that ain't a sub. Hope this helps :D

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
they are development builds.
Alright so since their development builds I'd hope that would mean for the developers and the people making add-ons (So that they can release updates with the Core update). So I'll speak from that perspective as well.

Refer to my above arguments. It's still relevant.

Loony

Verified Member
Stable is the term you're looking for, @Omni, when referring to full fledge complete build and non-beta. Core means the main plugin that ain't a sub. Hope this helps :D

Don't be condescending to the lead developer of the project, or any of the staff for that matter.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer

The purpose of the three index version standard is to denote characteristics about the build. As clearly stated in this update post, an incrementation of the far right number denotes a minor/beta change, an incrementation of the middle number denotes a major/stable release, and an incrementation in the farthest left number denotes a massive API change as a result of a large refactor/rewrite/addition. This is known as Semantic Versioning and we will continue to follow this standard.

P.S: My username is OmniCypher, if you want to notify me, you will need to do so correctly.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well I didn't ask what index, but thanks for reminding me... it were confusing to memorize it at first.

I wasn't even trying to notify you, because I don't think I can do it through the app.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The purpose of the three index version standard is to denote characteristics about the build. As clearly stated in this update post, an incrementation of the far right number denotes a minor/beta change, an incrementation of the middle number denotes a major/stable release, and an incrementation in the farthest left number denotes a massive API change as a result of a large refactor/rewrite/addition. This is known as Semantic Versioning and we will continue to follow this standard.

P.S: My username is OmniCypher, if you want to notify me, you will need to do so correctly.
He wasn't even talking about the build number though?

He was talking about this
I am aware that we didn't stick to our previous release schedule but now that we have our work straightened out I would like to announce that we will be releasing a Core build every three weeks!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah. You people keep taking everything out of context. I feel it's like the situation of a customer complaining to a restaurant's manager about their slow service, while they respond with "Sorry sir, but there aren't enough chefs working here even though this establisment's slogan implied that this place offers "quick take-out HERE!"" ETA: A better example would be with the waiter(-ress) uttering those words rather than the slogan, because this is EXACTLY what's going with PK's announcement thing. The Waiter(-ress) shouldn't apologize for their poor number of working chefs, right after implying that they offer quick food service, and keep repeating this rut EVERYTIME FREAKIN TIME to the customers.

Sorry, but this is really unethical IMO. How many times it will take you to stop saying 'will' and start saying 'might' as a replacement? If you're too open to using the latter word, just confirm it with "will try"? Everybody would be happy and we (or I) would stop complaining :D

Jeez, why I'm even trying to convince y'all again, even thought I said I won't :p Stupid brain!

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You people keep taking everything out of context.
Example A:
Can I just say again that, you should not be relying on betas.
Example B:
Don't be condescending to the lead developer of the project, or any of the staff for that matter.
Example C:
The purpose of the three index version standard is to denote characteristics about the build.

This was a bit confusing to read at first, Mesk, but I got it after a while lol.
I feel it's like the situation of a customer complaining to a restaurant's manager about their slow service, while they respond with "Sorry sir, but there aren't enough chefs working here even though this establisment's slogan implied that this place offers "quick take-out HERE!"" ETA: A better example would be with the waiter(-ress) uttering those words rather than the slogan, because this is EXACTLY what's going with PK's announcement thing. The Waiter(-ress) shouldn't apologize for their poor number of working chefs, right after implying that they offer quick food service, and keep repeating this rut EVERYTIME FREAKIN TIME to the customers.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
These recent replies seem very little about addressing the actual issue, and seem more about beating around the bush... Though I have to give it to Sobki for actually sticking to the topic

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
These recent replies seem very little about addressing the actual issue, and seem more about beating around the bush... Though I have to give it to Sobki for actually sticking to the topic
Had hard time reading your comment/rant... I guess it's written to smart-ish for me to grasp anything, as I had to read it a billion of times xD (not that it is your fault, I'll caution you that...). What the actual issue you see in this community or its iteraction?

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
Because we've already responded to the topic 100 times over and there's only one person who can actually do something about it, the rest of the staff are powerless in the matter.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It sort of drifted to a new topic, yes. But all my arguments were above and I have nothing else to say for the matter.
Because we've already responded to the topic 100 times over and there's only one person who can actually do something about it, the rest of the staff are powerless in the matter.
I think the idea of a "community management error" can be applied in more areas than one if we put our heads together :/

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Just wanted to bring THIS THREAD back because I feel like it's been sort of forgetten about (I'm referring to the linked thread, not this one.) I'm posting this hear because a paragraph in Mist's thread relates to this. Shout out to those who find it.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Just wanted to bring THIS THREAD back because I feel like it's been sort of forgetten about (I'm referring to the linked thread, not this one.) I'm posting this hear because a paragraph in Mist's thread relates to this. Shout out to those who find it.
The post you referenced is over two years old and does not really outline our current development process.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I was speaking mostly to this part...
I guess a decent place to start is explaining how a dev build works. Dev Builds are not 'planned'. Instead, they are released whenever we feel like we have done enough to release a dev build. Most Dev Builds are usually spontaneous, hence why they vary in size as much as they do. There is never a 'big picture' for Dev Builds, we have never set a goal such as "this will be released in the next dev build" because that wouldn't make much sense. Dev Builds are pretty much our way of sharing what we are working on with you as we work on it. If we didn't have Dev Builds, we'd release a large build every month or two and that'd be that. This argument about elements being neglected wouldn't exist, because all you would see is the big picture we work on, instead of seeing all of the little pieces of said big picture.