• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Combos Addition - Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
Hi c:

As we all know, combos have been a real succes.

I noticed most combos use atleast 2 different moves to be used. What I was thinking, we could keep combos a bit simpleler by using more movements in them and reduce the amount of moves involved. Basicly adding more variation within the same attack.

To illustrate this I gonna give some examples.

Powered Up torrent attack

When you shoot a regular torrent, you first let the torrent make a circle around you. (By moving your cursor around you.) At the moment the torrent has gone all the way around you, it gets a power up. When you hit someone with it, it would give more knock back for example.

Or

When you charged your torrent you do a 360° turn before shooting it.

Powered Up airswipe

When you launch yourself in the air with airblast (for example) you make a 360° (or more) degree turn while charging airswipe. When you land you will automaticly create an airswipe with a wider range.

Vertical Airswipe

Instead of just regularly clicking to shoot an airswipe, you could also hold shift and Move your cursor upwards or down wards to make a vertical Airswipe.

Powered Up earthsmash

When you are holding an earthsmash, you make a 360° degree turn before shooting it to give it a bigger knockback.

Why would this be good?

It adds Variation within the same move. In the show, there weren't really defined moves. When a waterbender shot a watermanip or a torrent, it wasn't always the exactly same thing.

This would add both realism (movement) and tractics.

At the moment, for most moves you just need to click and aim. If you actually need to make a 360° turn or move your cursor upwards or downwards.

In The show, a bender didn't just point at someone and shoot a powerful airswipe, they used their whle bodies to bend, making all these movements.

What are the cons?

There will still be benders who will prefer to spam. Why waste your time on turnign around when you can shoot a torrent 0.5 sec earlier?
(This can be solved by making the Non turn around version and the regular version have the same power, but can be used in different situations.)

-Feel free to add more.

Thank you for reading! C:
constructive cricitism is welcome!
I'm not really good at amking very clear suggestions so if you want you can always help me improove c: .

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
The Java Listener (or whatever, since I don't know much about Java) might have a hard time calculating these movements, especially with the powered up AirSwipe, doing 360 degrees.

6tijn

Verified Member
The Java Listener (or whatever, since I don't know much about Java) might have a hard time calculating these movements, especially with the powered up AirSwipe, doing 360 degrees.
I have seen servers having custom moves that include these 360° rotations.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member

When you shoot a regular torrent, you first let the torrent make a circle around you. (By moving your cursor around you.) At the moment the torrent has gone all the way around you, it gets a power up. When you hit someone with it, it would give more knock back for example.
The whole point of Torrent is not to do knockback, but to carry the victim in the torrent for a very short amount of time. Knockback is Surge's job.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Hi c:

I noticed most combos use atleast 2 different moves to be used. What I was thinking, we could keep combos a bit simpleler by using more movements in them and reduce the amount of moves involved. Basicly adding more variation within the same attack.

Or

Powered Up airswipe

When you launch yourself in the air with airblast (for example) you make a 360° (or more) degree turn while charging airswipe. When you land you will automaticly create an airswipe with a wider range.

Vertical Airswipe

Instead of just regularly clicking to shoot an airswipe, you could also hold shift and Move your cursor upwards or down wards to make a vertical Airswipe.

Powered Up earthsmash

When you are holding an earthsmash, you make a 360° degree turn before shooting it to give it a bigger knockback.

Why would this be good?

It adds Variation within the same move. In the show, there weren't really defined moves. When a waterbender shot a watermanip or a torrent, it wasn't always the exactly same thing.

At the moment, for most moves you just need to click and aim. If you actually need to make a 360° turn or move your cursor upwards or downwards.

In The show, a bender didn't just point at someone and shoot a powerful airswipe, they used their whle bodies to bend, making all these movements.

What are the cons?

There will still be benders who will prefer to spam. Why waste your time on turnign around when you can shoot a torrent 0.5 sec earlier?
(This can be solved by making the Non turn around version and the regular version have the same power, but can be used in different situations.)

-Feel free to add more.

I'm not really good at amking very clear suggestions so if you want you can always help me improove c: .
A similar suggestion called "kicking" was made, in which you do a complete 360 spin around, and it'll power up certain moves (Pretty much what you're suggesting)
It was denied http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/kicking.3222/
Also, please. Why does airswipe need an even WIDER range when it will hit people about 98.7% of the time...

promancer

Verified Member
Hi c:

Or

Powered Up airswipe

Vertical Airswipe

Powered Up earthsmash

Why would this be good?

What are the cons?

-Feel free to add more.

360 no scope

Naw though, in all seriousness, i agree with RobagNetwork. It woul be very difficult to tell this. Then again, I dont know much about coding so im not really a valid source. Also, wouldnt this make it considerably difficult to do on the benders side, as how would they be able to tell where 0 and 360 were?

Airbending didnt require much turning, actually. It was more or less the conservationn of momentum. They didnt NEED to project air swipe by turning 180 degrees. When they did it was normally because their opponent was open, or to deflect a move. It was basically just a opening in that persons defence.

Last edited:

promancer

Verified Member
A similar suggestion called "kicking" was made, in which you do a complete 360 spin around, and it'll power up certain moves (Pretty much what you're suggesting)
It was denied http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/kicking.3222/
Also, please. Why does airswipe need an even WIDER range when it will hit people about 98.7% of the time...
Well, air traded accuracy for damage, as airswipe does 1 heart and is the element with the longest cooldown on one of its most basic attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.