• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Collapse and EarthTunnel should be ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member

What?
Yeah.

Before, WaterSpout's only feature was left clicking above or in water to activate the spout. With the merge, they removed spouting inside water (it was kinda pointless because you could swiftswim) and as a result, if you left clicked in or on water, you'd start charging waterwave.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What point are you trying to cross? I wouldn't call the-limit-of-spouting-inside a feature, but more of a control changes. Like how I'm offering for the new Collapse to be as a merged technique for Earthtunnel.

"Now, Earthtunnel only feature was sneaking above or in earth to activate burrowing." Did I noticed that? I used your sentence and rephrase it for my own benefit.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What point are you trying to cross? I wouldn't call the-limit-of-spouting-inside a feature, but more of a control changes. Like how I'm offering for the new Collapse to be as a merged technique for Earthtunnel.

"Now, Earthtunnel only feature was sneaking above or in earth to activate burrowing." Did I noticed that? I used your sentence and rephrase it for my own benefit.
I like how Earthtunnel is trying to be combined, I just don't like how Collapse is being made into a partially close range move.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To clear out my argument to defeat yours.

Waterwave was merged with WaterSpout - (Past tense) Collapse was merged with Catapult

Resulted in anti-waterspouting when inside the water, but only above - Resulted in anti-collapsing when sneak, but left click does that (right clicking collapse a collumn)

After combination, they still server one main purpose: mobility in and above water - After combination, they still server one main purpose: mobility in earth.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Analogy once more:

Waterspout when you're above water - Right Click to collapse a column
Conclusion: close range

Waterwave when you're from a few blocks away - Left Click to collapse a wall and sneak to burrow
Conclusion: far range

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Analogy once more:

Waterspout when you're above water - Right Click to collapse a column
Conclusion: close range

Waterwave when you're from a few blocks away - Left Click to collapse a wall and sneak to burrow
Conclusion: far range
Expect waterspout isn't really close range because it's right underneath you. It's more of an extension to your mobility. I also find it flawed to compare WaterSpout to Collapse: both are moves in two seperate elements and categories for that matter. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Collapse and EarthTunnel is more of an extention to your mobility. I don't find it flawed to compare WaterSpout to Collapse: we are talking about the combination they make for an ability and they aren't in seperae categories.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Collapse and EarthTunnel is more of an extention to your mobility. I don't find it flawed to compare WaterSpout to Collapse: we are talking about the combination they make for an ability and they aren't in seperae categories.
Collapse, however, isn't used like WaterSpout. It's used for utility too, and even offense and defense. WaterSpout is only used for lifting yourself up to higher locations and staying up at that height.

Loony

Verified Member
Uhhh, no. This year, in a week we about 7 new suggestions posted. How can you miss them if the first page on daily basis gets at least one "Suggestion" left out marking.
Well, when you have personal responsibilities, other online duties and on top of that you're the only one marking suggestions, you miss some.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I understand that. Missing it in a line of sight, hardly. Everytime I go look up for suggestions, I always encounter the first page having a few yellow-tagged threads, but not none.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In all honesty. I could see combining these 2 backfiring on somebody. VERY easily. Your in a cave mining with earth tunnel. and you try to mine an ore with a pickaxe, that was on your earth tunnel slot. you just collapsed a cave on you.

Another thing is, What would you name this combination, its not Earth Tunnel or Collpase anymore.

Loony

Verified Member
In all honesty. I could see combining these 2 backfiring on somebody. VERY easily. Your in a cave mining with earth tunnel. and you try to mine an ore with a pickaxe, that was on your earth tunnel slot. you just collapsed a cave on you.

Another thing is, What would you name this combination, its not Earth Tunnel or Collpase anymore.
Then you simply don't put your pickaxe on the earth tunnel slot - that doesn't seem like an issue at all

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Left Click and Right click could be switched around, solving the close range problem as SuperBower mentioned. (Left Click for a column, right click - wall). Right Click should trigger when it clicks even a non-earth block (bukkit limitation the click only works on blocks, but why would anyone even try to collapse in the air/void of no where? You shiuld be standing on a block for cried out loud)

That's not the only case to address. Lavaflow activates when I teleport throught the sign, via right click; plant passive makes it possible to break a plantblock permanently; I can shear a ship without burning to crisp by my accidental fireblast; ect; This is a
lame complain which can be easily solved without a patched fix, as Loony already suggest: remove your pickaxe to another slot or just place it in off-hand.

Not earthtunnel? No, it still is. I can collapse a wall to make myself a path. You could call it "Disinigrate", but for me Earthtunnel has a good ring to it and fits its style in that element. Besides, Surge has a shield version, and that's a misleading title when we know it doesn't surge only but it can as well shield the user.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Left Click and Right click could be switched around, solving the close range problem as SuperBower mentioned. (Left Click for a column, right click - wall). Right Click should trigger when it clicks even a non-earth block (bukkit limitation the click only works on blocks, but why would anyone even try to collapse in the air/void of no where? You shiuld be standing on a block for cried out loud)
... If you want to collapse a wall, and you don't want to go near it... I don't really see this working if Right click is involved for collapse at all, and sadly, this is the only real way to merge them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Basically, you want to collapse a wall from 100 feet in the sky? That's unrealistic. Although, it would be unfair to put that limit since a config option as in Range exists, I think we can ultimately go around that issue: Right Clicking with EarthTunnel could toggle off earthtunnel and enable collapse, right click again to do vice versa, and back and forth and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.