• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion CircleOfFire

How should it be triggered?

• FireShield > FireBlast (Left Click)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • FireBlast (Left Click) > FireShield

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It should be a new ability instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (write you're combo code in the comments)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the combo execution, a wall of fire would sweep around the chosen area, surrounding anything that is in it, such as a group of people or a flock of mobs. Pretty much it is like FireShield shifting (hence the two combo's with that ability), except your not the one surrounded by it and it would be a lot bigger in means of its width. If you like, try comparing it with earthgrab, with the exception of this fire trap dealing damage who walks in it.

Jeong Jeong used this technique to capture the avatar team trespassing their camping spot, before he realized who they were and then introducing himself with the other 3 white lotus members.

This ability isn't for Probending and I'm well aware that I poste this in the wrong section, but I had to set this important pole which I only had the access to create it only here. @Easte you should move this to Core or ask someone else to do it. Thank you.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Sounds good. I think the combo would be better as "FireShield (tap shift) -> FireShield (tap shift) -> FireBlast (hold shift) -> FireShield (release shift)" though ;)

It's an interesting concept nonetheless. It's not your stereotypical firebending technique, but is it unique? Yes. I do have one suggestion though to make it seem more "fire-like"

I do think that StrangeOne's combo seems better, and I think that the fire should be more... interactive.
FireShield (tap shift) -> FireShield (tap shift) -> FireBlast (hold shift) -> FireShield (release shift)
Upon Holding Sneak, the fire depicted in the image would appear. Once it appears, a firebender would have the opportunity to sneak fireshield to prevent the FlameEngulfment (I'll just call it that)

However, lets say that the FlameEngulfment did succeed, upon the release of shift, fire particles would erupt from the flames and the height of the fire in total would be about 2.5 blocks.

However, if the player steps about half a block towards the fire from where they are trapped, they'll start burning.
I'll explain this scenario this way.

Let's say that Player A is trapped by Player B's FlameEngulfment at X: 0 Y:70 Z: 0
If Player A tries to move to the right, let's say, changing X: 0 to X: 0.5000, they'll start burning. FlameEngulfment would only last for 3 seconds until the flames disappear.

I have an idea for FlameEngulfment on yourself, but I might post that later.

I don't like the last fireblast part, but I do like the three that begins with it. (FireShield gets created >> transforms into a line of fire >> expands/goes forward where pointed at >> (with FireShield) creates a circle there).

Loony

After the combo execution, a wall of fire would sweep around the chosen area, surrounding anything that is in it, such as a group of people or a flock of mobs. Pretty much it is like FireShield shifting (hence the two combo's with that ability), except your not the one surrounded by it and it would be a lot bigger in means of its width. If you like, try comparing it with earthgrab, with the exception of this fire trap dealing damage who walks in it.

Jeong Jeong used this technique to capture the avatar team trespassing their camping spot, before he realized who they were and then introducing himself with the other 3 white lotus members.

This ability isn't for Probending and I'm well aware that I poste this in the wrong section, but I had to set this important pole which I only had the access to create it only here. @Easte you should move this to Core or ask someone else to do it. Thank you.
Can you find gif examples? I'm struggling to picture what you're describing.

xNuminousx

Can you find gif examples? I'm struggling to picture what you're describing.
Picture a fireburst that, when it comes into contact with an entity, surrounds them as if it was a normal FireShield, but bigger. That's what I'm picturing...