• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chiblocker's ranged move

So.... Deal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Verified Member
So while all elements have range and shield (air fire, earthgrab? and surge) , i think chiblockers should have that throwable thing that i don't know its name :/.... which chiblockers use in Book 1 to "immobilize" the enemy, giving him slowness, and he's unable to run use catapult, firejet, airblast, etc. to escape, nor airshield, fireshield, and all of those moves that make chiblockers' moves be useless, they only beeing melee fighters.

Tell me what you think!

mastermind71

Verified Member
Only problem i think there is it will put chi blockers at a huge advantage. If they dont let benders use their escape mechanism then can actually 1 shot them with a sword binded rapid punch. Its a good idea it just needs more thinkinf through.

Adam

Verified Member
Well, i guess the bender would be able to escape by using Charged moves (torrent, combustion?, earth could earthblast a few times, and air, charged airswipe, any charge level)?

owlcool

Verified Member
Only problem i think there is it will put chi blockers at a huge advantage. If they dont let benders use their escape mechanism then can actually 1 shot them with a sword binded rapid punch. Its a good idea it just needs more thinkinf through.
You can't use bending moves, (even chi moves as that is part of the bending plugin) if you have tools equipped on the slot you binded the move. I can't even use earthtunnel with a pickaxe in hand. It is still op though, it is still a one hit if there is mcmmo.

Also, fireshield does literally nothing to stop chiblockers. Chiblockers punch extends 3 blocks. Fire shield is just particles and extends one block. Do the math. Running with slowness 2 is slower then walking. This is pretty much paralyze from a distance, so in other words, op.

mastermind71

Verified Member
You can't use bending moves, (even chi moves as that is part of the bending plugin) if you have tools equipped on the slot you binded the move. I can't even use earthtunnel with a pickaxe in hand. It is still op though, it is still a one hit if there is mcmmo.

Also, fireshield does literally nothing to stop chiblockers. Chiblockers punch extends 3 blocks. Fire shield is just particles and extends one block. Do the math. Running with slowness 2 is slower then walking. This is pretty much paralyze from a distance, so in other words, op.
You actually can use tools for bind with certain elements. For example, you can do it with Chi and it was set ON by default.

owlcool

Verified Member
You actually can use tools for bind with certain elements. For example, you can do it with Chi and it was set ON by default.
I thought it was set off by default. I know for fact that it is impossible to use rapidpunch and a sword at the same time, unless you change the config up.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Chi
Move: Immobilize
Use: Blocks target from using fire shield, air shield, catapult, airblast, fire jet, and gives target slowness 1.
How it is cannon: Often you would see benders unable to do certain things if they had parts of their body's chiblocked. This utilizes that technique.

That is the correct format. Use it from now on.

Adam

Verified Member
Well, you see, what i want to suggest is a move that allows you to Throw that chain thing with two balls at the heads, which they use in Book 1 and The legend of Korra game!

Adam

Verified Member

Ok then, how about airshield?

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Yes I do agree that chi should have a ranged attack but how would a bolas look in minecraft ?
Should it be like a cobweb or a stone pressure plate ?
Plus I think it should be redirect able almost like water manipulation because often in the show the chi blockers throwed them with such skill they could even make them take 90 degrees angles.
(Note bolas is very similar to ebola xD)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I would call it BolasThrow, and it could be just a couple black smoke particles in a circle that fly at them (like a spinning bolas).

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I would call it BolasThrow, and it could be just a couple black smoke particles in a circle that fly at them (like a spinning bolas).
Nice ! Also I think you should press shift to charge it up (representing you spinning the bolas) instead of having a cool down.

Adam

Verified Member
Ok, rewriting:
Name: Bolas Throw
Element: Chi.Not an element
Decescription:Throw a Bolas, which will give the target no "traditional" way to escape or use any shielding abilities, thus giving the user an opportunity to strike!

Helios

Verified Member
Well, since this is really OP, I think you should have something in your inventory to be able to throw it. Like 2 iron and a string.

Adam

Verified Member
Well, since this is really OP, I think you should have something in your inventory to be able to throw it. Like 2 iron and a string.
That's a good point.
But i don't know.... Considering that the Chiblocker has no melee damaging moves, and that a casual non-bender would usually fight benders ( no idea why), which have some strong abilities, this move feels.. needed.
but maybe that's the whole point. :?
And maybe, this Bolas could be an RPG craftable item!

Status
Not open for further replies.