• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ChiBlocker Move: StrikerStance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturtos

Verified Member
I got the idea for this move from recently joining my MMA and Muay Thai classes. The idea is to combine actual martial arts punch combination possibilities into one move.

So, I thought of this, have a move called StrikerStance, and in it have possibilities for 3-5 combos that each have different effects. Make the move so that left click is jab, right click is cross, (more powerful punch) and shift is dodge. Also as you get further into combos they do more damage and completing a successful combo adds potion effects to the victim. (Nausea, slowness, blindness, weakness)

A combo would go like this,
left click-right click-shift click-left click
or
jab-cross-dodge-jab

But make the move so that there are longer more complicated combos that do more damage as you get further into a successful combo, and shorter ones like the one I showed

I am gonna try to throw some combos out there that could possibly work, and place amount of damage taken in that part of the combo on top and potion effects as they happen on the bottom.

1/2 Heart, 1 Heart
Left Click-Right Click
-----------------Slow I

1/2 Heart, 1 Heart,------------------------2 Hearts
Left Click-Right Click-Shift Click-Right Click
----------------Slow I,--------Speed I,------Nausea I

And these are just examples not my pitch, my pitch is the idea itself! Using more realistic combos and punches in chi that the user has to remember how to use, and what order they go in to do more damage.

(Side note)
Shift clicking in a correct spot in a combo would give positive potion effects to it's user for a short time. (Strength, speed, haste, invisibility)

Last edited:

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I really love the idea of having combos without having to need moves for it, but just by regular clicking and shifting instead. I do think that the combos should be able to be done without a bindable move, though. Imagine that, similar to the watercombo, spamming left-right-left-right to rapidpunch.

Joeri

Verified Member
I really love the idea of having combos without having to need moves for it, but just by regular clicking and shifting instead. I do think that the combos should be able to be done without a bindable move, though. Imagine that, similar to the watercombo, spamming left-right-left-right to rapidpunch.
Omg yes cross! That would be amazing. And give the move rapidpunch a better fealing for sure. Also maybe while holding shift pressing space would do highjump?

Saturtos

Verified Member
I really love the idea of having combos without having to need moves for it, but just by regular clicking and shifting instead. I do think that the combos should be able to be done without a bindable move, though.
So, would the punch combo set off rapidpunch, or would the punch combo mimic rapidpunch in the amount of punches thrown?

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
So, would the punch combo set off rapidpunch, or would the punch combo mimic rapidpunch in the amount of punches thrown?
I think the latter would be more logical. As with the combos you mentioned, the pnches and jabs would individually do damage, but would add extra damage/debuffs depending on if you did a combo.

Saturtos

Verified Member
Also I think their should be a consequence for failing a combo, not a big one, just maybe a long cooldown if you fail. But if you succeed in a combo make it so you can follow up with another immediately! ALSO make it so that you can't set off combo effects by punching the air, make it so that for combos to start, punches need to make contact with a entity or player.

Saturtos

Verified Member
I read on another thread that right clicking does not register unless clicked on a block. If it is not possible to do the right click aspect I think the move would still do well with simply left clicking and shift clicking. (would rather have right clicks though...)

V

Vidcom

This is literally the BC thread. Cross, Saturn, Joe and now Vid, all BC. Can someone get Cat or Mitch in? :p

As for the move, I like your approach personally

Adam

Verified Member
Yes.Please add everything! This would be a revolution the whole chiblocking!This art would not be like bending at all!!

Saturtos

Verified Member
This is literally the BC thread. Cross, Saturn, Joe and now Vid, all BC. Can someone get Cat or Mitch in? :p

As for the move, I like your approach personally
ikr... Kitty get your sassafras on here and show BC support! And thanks viddy! x3

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Right-clicking cannot engage anything in the plugin unless they are right clicking on a block, so your combos might need a rework?
EDIT: But I think you might be able to right click on a person and it would register.. This is because when I right click on people at spawn on a server I play, it says "Sorry! You can't use that here".

V

Vidcom

Right-clicking cannot engage anything in the plugin unless they are right clicking on a block, so your combos might need a rework?
EDIT: But I think you might be able to right click on a person and it would register.. This is because when I right click on people at spawn on a server I play, it says "Sorry! You can't use that here".
Basically yeah, although right clicking with something in your hand also can be registered :3

Saturtos

Verified Member
I am glad to hear right clicking registers on people. I kinda like this better actually, I wouldn't want people clicking air blocks and shifting for no reason then go punch a person and do like 5 hearts and give them blindness or something. Good to hear it, and thanks for the support!

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
Looks very promising. I'd like to add something myself. Headshots! For example if you hit enemies on upper body/head part(using the height methods to detect the Y of the projectile's point of collision) then the damage gets increased and the move also applies slight nausea. Moreover you can use raycasts to detect punches or clicks from far away.

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
This could be an option but it would be annoying if everyone was following you from behind trying to backstab you all the time. It would get predictable as well. However it adds more variation to bending and pvp strategies so its an idea that shouldn't be overlooked.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
You could also make the stance more unique by adding more damage to the combos.. at the same time disabling the ability to block bending.

EDIT: I'm not very familiar with chi, so don't blame me if I get a few facts wrong in the following posts ;P

Saturtos

Verified Member
You could also make the stance more unique by adding more damage to the combos.. at the same time disabling the ability to block bending.

EDIT: I'm not very familiar with chi, so don't blame me if I get a few facts wrong in the following posts ;P
Yeah but the idea of this combo move is that you need to get punch combos to do more damage. I wouldn't want the first punch of the combo to do 1-2 full hearts of damage, but I think that there should be combos that can do up to 3-4 hearts on it's last punch (kinda like a finishing move.)

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Yeah but the idea of this combo move is that you need to get punch combos to do more damage. I wouldn't want the first punch of the combo to do 1-2 full hearts of damage, but I think that there should be combos that can do up to 3-4 hearts on it's last punch (kinda like a finishing move.)
If that's the case, there's no way I want this stance to block bending at the same time. Maybe this can be a stance in which chi-blockers can focus on damage instead of blocking bending. Which would be pretty awesome ;)

EDIT: If chi-blockers are focusing on damaging without blocking, then it's probably a better idea to increase damage amounts. Neh?

Status
Not open for further replies.