• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocker move Shroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solusjetran

Verified Member
This move would be similar to meditate. It would let the chiblocker be invisible, blind and slowed for 10 seconds with a 20-30 second cooldown. It would be the uhoh, button. Pretty easy to code using the already made, meditate move.

Solusjetran

Verified Member
Honestly, chiblockers on my server are considered assassins. They already function perfectly as an assassin. X3 Why not specialize a little?

Kwesi

Verified Member
This ability is something I have seen and heard of before, but there's a large problem with it. It's just not that realistic. Chiblockers don't have the capability to make themselves invisible by any means. It's just too far fetched to be plausible and I honestly don't think it should ever become part of the official plug-in, but as a custom ability it would set a nice element.

Also, chiblockers aren't intrinsically classified as assassins. Their fighting style is not covert, it is primarily designed to directly attack the opponents body.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
The whole 'element of surprise' can be be brought to a chi-blocker assassin is with a smokescreen shot. This makes the other player blind and you still have full control to move around as fast as you like. If they are invisible, blind and slowed how could they even do any form of assassination?

Solusjetran

Verified Member
Essentially, you'd really have to know what you were doing. Mainly though, this would be used for a quick fake retreat. I realize the smokebomb -sort- of does this.. But most of the time when people are blind I get a face full of fire anyways.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
maybe you could explain this in more detail? You could use the template Mist made

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Essentially, you'd really have to know what you were doing. Mainly though, this would be used for a quick fake retreat. I realize the smokebomb -sort- of does this.. But most of the time when people are blind I get a face full of fire anyways.
A 'quick fake retreat' would be impossible because you are slowed down for the 10 seconds..

Solusjetran

Verified Member
maybe you could explain this in more detail? You could use the template Mist made
It would be pretty simple, you go invisible to the enemy and sit there waiting for them to go looking around for you. Then you pop out preferably undercover. The blindness would be to ensure you wouldn't get -too- much of a drop on them.

Kwesi

Verified Member
It would be pretty simple, you go invisible to the enemy and sit there waiting for them to go looking around for you. Then you pop out preferably undercover. The blindness would be to ensure you wouldn't get -too- much of a drop on them.
I think the blindness is just too hindering in this ability. I seems a bit odd to just wait around for them to move into range. There's a good chance they won't and then you'll just be sitting around the darkness until you finally reappear before players.

Solusjetran

Verified Member
It seems too strong to me without it. I guess it may be better if it's just a blind not full blindness (Nightvision + Blind) I was just worried because: I'm gonna be able to work wonders with this move, if it comes out. Full blindness or nay.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
It seems too strong to me without it. I guess it may be better if it's just a blind not full blindness (Nightvision + Blind) I was just worried because: I'm gonna be able to work wonders with this move, if it comes out. Full blindness or nay.
I just thought about how this just might balance out for an ability like this:

The chi-blocker holds sneak to activate the ability. There would be no blindness which would inhibit its potential effectiveness and the slowness is taken care of because of the sneaking speed. The ability will last as long as the duration for it is set. If the chi-blocker strikes a target the ability will stop.

In this way Shroud could be used for actually allowing the chi-blocker to efficiently position themselves where they want be relative to the target since they will always be able to see them. This could be used both overtly and covertly depending on your actions.

I think invisibility is overpowered for a chi-blocker unless it's rather short duration, but in the case of an ability slowing the chi-blocker down (such as this) a moderate (but not lengthy) default duration would be appropriate. A semi-lengthy default cooldown would also seem appropriate.

This is how I see it working, anyway. Let me know what you think.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
On our bending server, chiblockers have the skill called "ShadowSuit". It's basically a passive that allows you to turn invisible whenever you're holding shift. A pretty good move, and a much needed addition to the chiblocker's limited arsenal.

Kwesi

Verified Member
On our bending server, chiblockers have the skill called "ShadowSuit". It's basically a passive that allows you to turn invisible whenever you're holding shift. A pretty good move, and a much needed addition to the chiblocker's limited arsenal.
I don't agree with invisibility as it stretches the realism of a chi-blocker's ability way too far. Sure, they can be stealthy but they can't actually make their bodies invisible to the naked eye.

As a custom ability: sure - that would be fun! As a default ability: nope - it's pushing it.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I don't agree with invisibility as it stretches the realism of a chi-blocker's ability way too far. Sure, they can be stealthy but they can't actually make their bodies invisible to the naked eye.

As a custom ability: sure - that would be fun! As a default ability: nope - it's pushing it.
Yeah, as far as show-accuracy goes, perhaps it isn't appropriate. The see-through invisible potion effect would make more sense. However, it's a much needed tool for chiblockers on our server. Even in the core PK plugin, chi is underpowered and needs more moves.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Yeah, as far as show-accuracy goes, perhaps it isn't appropriate. The see-through invisible potion effect would make more sense. However, it's a much needed tool for chiblockers on our server. Even in the core PK plugin, chi is underpowered and needs more moves.
Chi-blockers definitely need more moves. Also, I honestly think the chi-blockers should have the most combo abilities. I think they should be the strongest combo "class" of them all.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Night vision + blind makes things worse. It basically disables seeing at all. All you can see is your health, hunger, and hot bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.