• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi Blocker Stance Add-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Hey guys! I recently started Chi Blocking and I thought I would make a suggestion about the two stances. Positive feedback is appreciated, and if you don't like these ideas, explain why and give a suggestion on how to make them better. Thanks :D

Acrobat Stance:
My idea for an add-on would be to add the ability to roll when you hit the ground to reduce fall damage. After rolling, you would do a slight jump Signifying the completion of the roll. To perform this, just hold shift with your acrobat stance slot activated within 2-4 blocks of the ground. This can reduce damage by 50%, though that would be configurable. While you are falling you can hold shift in any direction and you will jump in that direction after rolling.

Warrior Stance:
With warrior stance, you would be able to stand your ground while fighting your enemies. Shifting with this ability selected would reduce knockback applied to you by 75%. This could help when you are trying to get close to someone, you can quickly tap shift while advancing to prevent being pushed back. However, this would not negate the abilities of air shield, or any other defensive abilities. Only negating knockback from damaging moves.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked the ideas! I thought of the Acrobat Stance idea kind of quickly, but ti took some time to think up the warrior stance idea, so that might need some improvement. Anyways, post your thoughts below, and don't refrain from giving suggestions to make these add-ons better. Thanks :D

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Chi-blockers already have 50% fall damage reduction normally, and 100% if they are sprinting. I do like the WarriorStance addition though!

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Chi-blockers already have 50% fall damage reduction normally, and 100% if they are sprinting. I do like the WarriorStance addition though!
Should I change the reduction to 25%, or something lower, or a new suggestion for it all together? Like what about a dodging move or something alike that?

Last edited:

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
The warrior stance add on is something I can see very useful especially against airbenders.
Should I change the reduction to 25%, or something lower, or a new suggestion for it all together? Like what about a dodging move or something alike that?
I'm pretty sure chi blockers have a change to neglect all damage but something much more controlled would be again some thing I would see myself using allot.

Also if you fellow chi blocker want to get exited then you have to check this out : http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/1-6-0-beta-9.1814/#post-20590

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I think the acrobat stance addition makes more sense than the warrior stance one. While I like both a lot, I think the roll would be cooler.

In addition to rolling maybe chi should get a minor "jump" in a certain direction? Because minecraft can't really display a roll very easily. Players get a tiny boost in a certain direction, similar to very quickly tapping shift with waterspout in water for waterbenders. This way if they are falling and someone is waiting for them, they can roll to escape the enemy.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Not a ,bad minor change ,well thought idea .What i suggest/change that AcrStnc the rolling thing should only be succesfull when being in a certain hight ,so that it wont look like that they felt from the sky ,did one roll and he/she is okay, lol. With WarrStnc i think it should reduce the knockback (about 2-4 radius) instead of blocking it 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.